TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has ANYONE been able to complete a M3Dual order?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by kmtl, May 20, 2018.

1. kmtl

kmtl Member

Everyone else is seeing the same message right?
    "There was an error processing your order. Please try again✕"

Also..delivery est is 3-4 months?! My S lease has one month left. grr

2. sundaymorning

sundaymorning Active Member

So many orders the site can’t handle it hahah.

3. David29

David29 Supporting Member

I don't yet have any option to order AWD. Is it by region or something? Or is it too early to say?

4. kmtl

kmtl Member

I think it's by reservation sequence...I have two reservations, the first will let me select dual motors in the configurator but that option is greyed out for the second.

• Informative x 5
  5. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Well-Known Member

It is still grayed out for me.

• Informative x 1
  6. plasmo

plasmo Member

I had the same problem. AWD option popped up. Tried to order. Order didn't go through. Refreshed, and the AWD option was greyed out again.

7. kmtl

kmtl Member

Oh... And no mention of my $1000 deposit showed up in the pricing when I tried to order. Ffs Tesla!

8. plasmo

plasmo Member

Yes, I noticed that too... We should have $3500 credit with this order

9. Seven7

Seven7 Member

Same here, come on Tesla, I have some money for you...

10. Monkey

Monkey Member

Configurator is fubar. AWD and P options showed really early this morning, but the configurator would crash out with an error when trying to load the final checkout screen. Dual motor option is gray for me now. I’m a Tesla owner who put their Model 3 reservation in within the first 30 seconds of it going live online. My ability to configure opened up 6 months ago. I think I was in the first batch of non-Tesla/Space-X employees to be able to order...

Anyway, it’s taken longer to get here and now we’re unsure if the Model 3 fits into our plans at this time — had some other expenses come up and don’t need another car at this time. I do have some extra tax liability for this year and am looking for a way to capitalize on some tax credits, but not so sure the car is the best way to do it. ...Also being picky here. For the 3, if we go through with it, we just want the long range battery and AWD non-performance in Midnight Silver with White Interior. I suppose if the white seats become the hold up and could cost us another $3750 by way of missing out on the full Federal credit, it starts to make sense to order the black interior and buy the white upholstery upgrade from T-Sportline and probably have the car much earlier.

11. plasmo

plasmo Member

SO anyone know if this is going to open up again?
    I heard it was supposed to be available to order yesterday, but that has come and gone...

12. kmtl

kmtl Member

I was able to complete the transaction yesterday morning. The $1000 deposit did show up in the transaction. Now, Tesla, you've got three months to fix the brakes and add a heated steering wheel to sub-zero. Cream leather popping up in time for me to switch would be nice as well while you're at it; have a nice day.

• Like x 1
  13. Big Ern

Big Ern Member

Was just able to configure mine, never got email, just opened up randomly after checking every few hours for past few days

14. Trips

Trips "Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"

It's live for me with a 12-16 week delivery for Performance or AWD.
    Screenshot_20180523-182120.png

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  15. untilcomplete

untilcomplete Member

Just opened up for me at 2011 EST.

16. CdgaBill

CdgaBill Member

Just ordered mine as well. 3/31 reservation at the Cleveland store, about 120th in line there. No configuration option a few hours ago, but got an email saying g additional options now available and all worked properly from there.

17. stillageek

stillageek Member

#17 stillageek, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    I just placed my order. Texas X owner and line stander. No email... Like the rest it just became an option. Now the wait begins.

18. plasmo

plasmo Member

Ordered my AWD! 12-16wk delivery

19. Mrr82

Mrr82 Member

He did make it clear that production for it wouldn’t start until at least July.

20. Zippy_EV

Zippy_EV Member

I also successfully ordered AWD. 12-16 weeks. Current owner and stood in line to make a day #1 reservation. (I have not yet received email notification that dual motor is available.)