Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has ANYONE been able to complete a M3Dual order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair enough. I guess those willing to pay that much deserve to get it first. I clicked the "Hold My Spot" button and checked off the AWD and White options. Actually, I did that a few (maybe a dozen) times just to be sure. Hope that I can be patient and wait for their email.

I meant the "Notify Me" link - it used to be a button. You then tell them what you are waiting for and then they say:

Thanks! We will notify you
You will receive an email when additional configuration options become available.

I have been trying every day to order an AWD Model 3, but the option continues to not respond.

I reserved on April 7, 2016, and have purchased an original Roadster, two Model S's, and a PowerWall to date. While my Model 3 order was several days into the process, I would expect to get some priority for the previous Tesla purchases.

Does anyone have any guesses on how long my wait will be until I can order the AWD Model 3?

I have been trying every day to order an AWD Model 3, but the option continues to not respond.

I reserved on April 7, 2016, and have purchased an original Roadster, two Model S's, and a PowerWall to date. While my Model 3 order was several days into the process, I would expect to get some priority for the previous Tesla purchases.

Does anyone have any guesses on how long my wait will be until I can order the AWD Model 3?

Have you been invited to configure the first production Model 3?

Previous owner priority only counts for the First Production LR. It does not count for AWD/Performance. At least, that's what has been floating around lately on the forums here.

Exactly, thank you.

I suspect it's because Tesla's attract more techies than they do car enthusiasts.

On the contrary, I've owned many performance cars, including ones that exceed the performance of most Teslas in most regards.

That's one of the reasons I actually understand how worthless brake upgrades are to 99% of actual drivers, and had to explain that fact to you :)

So people buy them to drive around town and think straight line power is God.

Right. That's about 99% of drivers. Even ones buying performance cars.

Tesla is pretty obviously directing their own performance line to exactly that vast majority of the market.

Although, looking at said person above's post history, it seems like they just go around this forum trying to start arguments and post overly verbose, double spaced posts in response as some weird self-righteous ego trip.

Ah, personal attacks, the last resort of those who know they got beat on facts :)

Performance cars need performance brakes.

Except in non-track use, they factually do not

Which again is how most owners actually use their cars.

You are the fringe exception to that- and that's fine- I have no doubt there'll be aftermarket options available to you.

In the meantime the other 99% of owners aren't having to pay for a brake upgrade they'll get zero benefit from just so you can get it that way from the factory.

If you want to complain about an apparent lack of an upgrade performance models need it should be an upgraded suspension. that at least, unlike a brake upgrade, has real-world benefits outside of dedicated track driving.

And hopefully if they ever do offer a brake upgrade they'll at least manage to avoid MarketingFever and not throw DRILLED rotors on there like so many "performance" cars you seem to like come with, since they're functionally inferior to solid or slotted rotors of the same size.

Reactions: MattMatt
I got the original Model 3 "ready to configure" invite Feb 4, this year. I have been waiting since then for the AWD choice.

I keep trying once or twice a day, but the "Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive" choice remains grayed out... :(

Only once or twice a day? That's some good restraint! You may or may not be in the middle of the pack with regards to when you'll be invited to configure the P or AWD. It really does seem like they are going based on the timestamp of the reservation now.

I reserved on 3-31-2016 early AM.
Got invite to configure on 4-28-2018.
First Tesla, from NY.
Was going to wait for white interior, but just resubmitted their form today to tell them I am only waiting for AWD.
Still not available for me.
Not sure why I am getting so impatient. I know they aren't going to start making them until July. Just want to make sure I get one by end of year.

I got the original Model 3 "ready to configure" invite Feb 4, this year. I have been waiting since then for the AWD choice.

I keep trying once or twice a day, but the "Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive" choice remains grayed out... :(

Hope things have been well Cottonwood!

I'm in a similar boat -- current Model S owner (coming up on 5 years!), and an in-store day 1 Model 3 reservation holder, and I've been able to order since mid Jan -- was holding out for AWD. But it appears Tesla is no longer giving owners priority, at least for the AWD or Performance… There is another thread that they are now doing the dual motor invites based on Model 3 order time.

One of the other threads has people that placed their orders as "late" as ~12:30pm on Mar 31 2016 received access to the AWD options on Wed evening this week (~7:30pm either Eastern or Pacific). Hopefully that means I'll be able to order AWD soon -- my deposit was put in at 2:05PM Eastern on Mar 31 2016...

I called and changed my RWD configuration to an AWD configuration. They gave me a modification number to give them to reference the change. Delivery delayed from the original pushback date in July to September now, and of course it might be even later than that depending on how the AWD ramp goes.

I called and changed my RWD configuration to an AWD configuration. They gave me a modification number to give them to reference the change. Delivery delayed from the original pushback date in July to September now, and of course it might be even later than that depending on how the AWD ramp goes.

Maybe I should order a RWD Model 3 and then call to modify it to an AWD or P configuration? I wonder if that would be faster than waiting for the AWD/P option to become available to me. Did Tesla charge you a fee to make this modification?

Maybe I should order a RWD Model 3 and then call to modify it to an AWD or P configuration? I wonder if that would be faster than waiting for the AWD/P option to become available to me. Did Tesla charge you a fee to make this modification?

It's not any faster. The moment you change they put you in line just like everyone else would be normally. They have stated as much. But at least you don't have to drive yourself nuts waiting for the configurator to open up.