Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has ANYONE been able to complete a M3Dual order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not any faster. The moment you change they put you in line just like everyone else would be normally. They have stated as much. But at least you don't have to drive yourself nuts waiting for the configurator to open up.

Arguably it's worse than waiting- because it locks you into the non-refundable deposit immediately- so if deliveries are pushed back past December (threatening the full tax credit) prior to when your configuration would've opened up for AWD you're stuck

US Bank says "probably, call us in a few weeks".

Apologies if this has been answered already. I am still on page 3 of the thread.

I was able to without issue extend my lease by 6 months with USBank. Had to fill out something and fax it. Oddly, my monthly is now a bit smaller and I was told I can turn in the car anytime within the next 6 months without penalty.

• Love
  • Helpful
Reactions: xhawk101 and CatB
Question for the group. Still a bit confused on order of invite...

Current Model S owner. If I placed a new reservation for a Model 3 today. Would I (or when would I) be able to order an AWD or Performance 3?

It's my understanding that owners jump the line and have heard of existing owners placing recent reservations and received invite fairly quickly.

Appreciate the help.

Question for the group. Still a bit confused on order of invite...

Current Model S owner. If I placed a new reservation for a Model 3 today. Would I (or when would I) be able to order an AWD or Performance 3?

It's my understanding that owners jump the line and have heard of existing owners placing recent reservations and received invite fairly quickly.

Appreciate the help.

Try it and let us know?

The general consensus right now is that current owners do not have priority for the AWD or Performance, but that it's based upon when the initial reservation was placed. You might be invited to configure first production in the next weeks, but probably not the AWD/performace. Only one way to find out!

I live on the East coast, but reserved pre-reveal on 3/31/16 at the Santa Monica store at 2:56 PM EST/11:56 AM PST, was and still am a Model S owner, received the invite to configure on 1/1/18 and have still not received the AWD/P invite. Further confirmation that the AWD/P invite must be solely based on the time of the reservation. I am disadvantaged because I reserved on the West coast.