TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has ANYONE been able to complete a M3Dual order?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by kmtl, May 20, 2018.

1. mhan00

mhan00 Active Member

No fee for the change. The guy I talked to made it sound like this was a fairly common request among people who had already configured and were waiting for delivery. The only stipulation was that a VIN had to be unassigned yet to make the change.

2. Knightshade

Knightshade Well-Known Member

Arguably it's worse than waiting- because it locks you into the non-refundable deposit immediately- so if deliveries are pushed back past December (threatening the full tax credit) prior to when your configuration would've opened up for AWD you're stuck

3. lg_golfs

lg_golfs Member

Apologies if this has been answered already. I am still on page 3 of the thread.

I was able to without issue extend my lease by 6 months with USBank. Had to fill out something and fax it. Oddly, my monthly is now a bit smaller and I was told I can turn in the car anytime within the next 6 months without penalty.

• Helpful x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. Finder

Finder Member

For those of you that didn’t see it on other threads, the Model 3 performance will indeed include sport brakes and red brake calipers according to Elon.

5. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Banned

Indeed it will.

It will also come with air suspension.....

That's what I predict as Elon will undoubtedly add at least 1 more feature in the next 6 months ( my wait time ).

6. pkadin

pkadin New Member

When do we think air suspension will actually be available for non performance models. I know Elon said next year. But that does not line up with performance model having it this year.

7. pkadin

pkadin New Member

Customer service rep said this morning regarding day one reservation holders (I am one) who have been invited to configure but deferred for dual motor invite that all should hear over the "next few weeks".

8. Jgint

Jgint Member

Invited 5/23/18 7:46 PM
    2 Tesla Owner in Ohio
    Line Waiter

9. gtyler

gtyler Member

It's getting close to July 1st and I am still locked out of the dual motor upgrade option.

Are there any non owners out there that placed a dual motor order?

10. animorph

animorph Active Member

Plenty of non-owners who have ordered their AWD. Dual motor versions are configured/delivered in reservation date/time order.

11. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Well-Known Member

So they’re all going to be delivered on the east coast first? Very unlikely. Who knows how they’ll prioritize actual production.

12. Vic_F

Vic_F Member

I was about 250 in line at Rocklin, CA, placed reservation right at 12PM Pacific 3/31/2016; invited 4/10/18. Still waiting for AWD to open up.

13. Bruin1996

Bruin1996 Member

I am a Tesla owner was #70 or so in line at Palm Desert, CA.. Reserved on 3/31/16 at 11 am PST. Got invite to configure in November, 2017. Still waiting for AWD option as well.

14. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

We reserved on 3/31 at about noon at the Charlotte, NC store and we got our AWD invite last Monday.

15. wbhokie

wbhokie Member

Being a previous owner has nothing to do with the AWD option, only the first production RWD option. AWD is literally based on the order reservations were placed.

16. Subhuman

Subhuman Member

Non-Owner
    Line waiter
    Central Time Zone
    Reserved Approximately 11:30 am
    Original Invite 4/6
    AWD/P Invite 5/31
    Ordered Placed 5/31 (Non-P)
    Delivery Estimate 12-16 weeks

• Informative x 1
  17. ShooterMcD

ShooterMcD Member

Question for the group. Still a bit confused on order of invite...

Current Model S owner. If I placed a new reservation for a Model 3 today. Would I (or when would I) be able to order an AWD or Performance 3?

It's my understanding that owners jump the line and have heard of existing owners placing recent reservations and received invite fairly quickly.

Appreciate the help.

18. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Active Member

Try it and let us know?

The general consensus right now is that current owners do not have priority for the AWD or Performance, but that it's based upon when the initial reservation was placed. You might be invited to configure first production in the next weeks, but probably not the AWD/performace. Only one way to find out!

19. Chous

Chous Member

I live on the East coast, but reserved pre-reveal on 3/31/16 at the Santa Monica store at 2:56 PM EST/11:56 AM PST, was and still am a Model S owner, received the invite to configure on 1/1/18 and have still not received the AWD/P invite. Further confirmation that the AWD/P invite must be solely based on the time of the reservation. I am disadvantaged because I reserved on the West coast.

20. James M

James M Member

I reserved online at 7pm PST on 3/31 and haven't gotten the AWD invite yet. Has anyone who reserved online been able to order AWD yet?