Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has ANYONE been able to complete a M3Dual order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved online at 7pm PST on 3/31 and haven't gotten the AWD invite yet. Has anyone who reserved online been able to order AWD yet?
Right now, it looks like they are only up to reservations made on 3/31/16 by 12:30 Eastern time (11:30 Central, 10:30 Mountain, 9:30 Pacific) have been able to order AWD.

I don't think it's changed in the past two weeks.

Don't expect an invite to configure until July 1, that way $2500 x number of configurations is counted in Q3. I also expect that Performance will be delivered in 3 - 4 weeks max in CA (sorry East coast although first to configure you will be last to deliver that is a fundamental law of the Tesla Universe).

So cool your jets until July 1 and stop hitting ENTER, makes no difference.

Don't expect an invite to configure until July 1, that way $2500 x number of configurations is counted in Q3. I also expect that Performance will be delivered in 3 - 4 weeks max in CA (sorry East coast although first to configure you will be last to deliver that is a fundamental law of the Tesla Universe).

So cool your jets until July 1 and stop hitting ENTER, makes no difference.
I’m no accountant but wouldn’t the $2500 be a liability until the car is delivered? So it seems like it wouldn’t make a difference.
Anyway I agree with you that west coast cars will get some priority at first. They might even give owners some priority too. I’m sure they’ll open up invites in a few days. Haha

I’m no accountant but wouldn’t the $2500 be a liability until the car is delivered? So it seems like it wouldn’t make a difference.

No, you're right.

Deposits are liabilities, not revenue, until the finished product is delivered to the customer- and then the revenue is realized in whatever quarter the delivery happens. If the car is never delivered then the deposit is never revenue.

I was about 250 in line at Rocklin, CA, placed reservation right at 12PM Pacific 3/31/2016; invited 4/10/18. Still waiting for AWD to open up.
Well! That's the closest yet that I've heard to my situation! I was in line at Rocklin too, but didn't make my deposit until just before 3pm. If AWD hasn't opened up for you, I'm still three hours behind that!

160331.009.JPG M3 reservation.jpg

See yourself in either of my pics of the day? Goofy guy in gray shirt and Tilley hat is me.