Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone been invited to configure their Canadian Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do!

I have been invited and I should be able to configure it tomorrow or friday.

It's a Founder version and Delivery is planned, according to my Tesla Inside sales contact, at the end of January.

I've been told that it's only Founder unit that will be delivered to Canada!

Will keep you posted!
Hopefully there will be Canadian pricing. Please take some screen shots of your configuration for us.

Sweet, thank you.

When I spoke to one senior Tesla person at the TMC conference in July, he indicated they planned to fulfill Canadian reservations at the same time as U.S. ones, but that doesn't appear to be happening.

Sounds like wishful thinking. There are always a few extra hoops. Signature Model S were delivered in Canada well after the regular production Model S was shipping in the USA. In fact the cars were manufactured with the rest of the Signatures and then sat in a Fremont parking lot for some time. They were waiting for English/French labeling, etc.

Sounds like wishful thinking. There are always a few extra hoops. Signature Model S were delivered in Canada well after the regular production Model S was shipping in the USA. In fact the cars were manufactured with the rest of the Signatures and then sat in a Fremont parking lot for some time. They were waiting for English/French labeling, etc.
When are you getting yours Doug? Your Tesla collection will be incomplete:tongue:

I would have hoped whatever prevented the Model S Sigs from being delivered to Canada would not have been repeated for the Model X but I suppose not. I see they are well into configuring US production X's ( reservation 4000's )US Production Configuration

Oh well, there are a few benefits for getting the Model X later rather than sooner : production challenges worked out, test drive to help with decisions at configuration time, etc... CND dollar get stronger ??. (now that's wishful thinking )

Hello everyone!

Ok, my Model X reservation is now appearing in My Tesla ... it appears as a Signature.

Now, I just learned from my Inside Sales contact that he found out why I can't configure it ... I'm located in Canada and Canadian pricing hasn't been out yet for the Model X! So I have to wait for that before I can begin to configure it.

Since it's a Founder's Edition, he promised that it would be the first Model X delivered in Canada. Yes, but when? Thats the big question.

So I asked him a simple question: Will Canadian pricing be out BEFORE Christmas or AFTER Christmas?

He's looking for it ... I'm impatiently waiting for his answer. My contact is very kind and willing to help ... lets just hope he gets some answers.

I will keep you posted.

Sly

ModelX-Founders.jpg