TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Has anyone been invited to configure their Canadian Model X?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jon, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Member

I see a significant number of U.S. Signature and Production reservation holders have been invited to configure. Has anyone with a Canadian reservation seen any movement?

I have an early Signature X reservation...nothing yet and nothing from Tesla as to when to expect it, either.

Cheers,

Jon

2. slyastro

slyastro Member

I do!

I have been invited and I should be able to configure it tomorrow or friday.

It's a Founder version and Delivery is planned, according to my Tesla Inside sales contact, at the end of January.

I've been told that it's only Founder unit that will be delivered to Canada!

Will keep you posted!

3. Jon

Jon Member

Sweet, thank you.

When I spoke to one senior Tesla person at the TMC conference in July, he indicated they planned to fulfill Canadian reservations at the same time as U.S. ones, but that doesn't appear to be happening.

4. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

Hopefully there will be Canadian pricing. Please take some screen shots of your configuration for us.

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Sounds like wishful thinking. There are always a few extra hoops. Signature Model S were delivered in Canada well after the regular production Model S was shipping in the USA. In fact the cars were manufactured with the rest of the Signatures and then sat in a Fremont parking lot for some time. They were waiting for English/French labeling, etc.

6. wayner

wayner Active Member

When are you getting yours Doug? Your Tesla collection will be incomplete:tongue:

7. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Tesla already has all my money. :tongue:

8. wayner

wayner Active Member

They should comp you one for being such a loyal supporter.

9. Kalud

Kalud Member

I second that.

10. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

#10 S'toon, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

:tongue:

11. Biker

Biker Member

Nice tune s'toon.

12. Zapped

Zapped Model S - PURE EV

I would have hoped whatever prevented the Model S Sigs from being delivered to Canada would not have been repeated for the Model X but I suppose not. I see they are well into configuring US production X's ( reservation 4000's )US Production Configuration

Oh well, there are a few benefits for getting the Model X later rather than sooner : production challenges worked out, test drive to help with decisions at configuration time, etc... CND dollar get stronger ??. (now that's wishful thinking )

13. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

ROFL. The emoji's were especially apropos.

14. slyastro

slyastro Member

Hello everyone!

Ok, my Model X reservation is now appearing in My Tesla ... it appears as a Signature.

Now, I just learned from my Inside Sales contact that he found out why I can't configure it ... I'm located in Canada and Canadian pricing hasn't been out yet for the Model X! So I have to wait for that before I can begin to configure it.

Since it's a Founder's Edition, he promised that it would be the first Model X delivered in Canada. Yes, but when? Thats the big question.

So I asked him a simple question: Will Canadian pricing be out BEFORE Christmas or AFTER Christmas?

He's looking for it ... I'm impatiently waiting for his answer. My contact is very kind and willing to help ... lets just hope he gets some answers.

I will keep you posted.

Sly

ModelX-Founders.jpg