Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone bought a Model Y in Canada from a dealership and paid over Tesla MSRP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RCEP

Jan 2, 2022
Canada
I am looking at buying a 2022 MYP and I see there are a few for sale on dealers(non tesla dealers, and I know Tesla doesn't have actual dealers) lots here in Canada. I would prefer to get one sooner than later and I know the wait times can be a pain so I am strongly considering just paying a premium price for one so I can have it now. I am surprised how much some of them are asking for these cars though, anywhere from $6000 to as high as $15000 over msrp(unless I am missing something). Are these cars in that hot of demand right now? Anyone out there go this route when buying their Tesla?

Due to supply chain issues on cars in general it is quite common to see these go for much higher than originally paid so yes it is normal in todays market. Some people want/need cars now and do not want to wait a year just like you and are willing to pay the premium for having the luxury of getting one immediately.

Reactions: voxel