TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Has anyone bought a Sigma GTE from EV Concepts?

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by jumpman21usa, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jumpman21usa

jumpman21usa New Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Rye, NY
    I am looking to purchase a Sigma GTE from E-V Concepts in SC. Has anyone purchased a car from them in the past? I would like to get an idea of the quality of their work and the sustainability of their conversion vehicle. I look forward to your responses.
  2. herbvdh

herbvdh Member

Jan 31, 2010
    I looked them up on the Better Business Bureau E-V Concepts Business Review in Charleston, SC - Central SC BBB According to information in the BBB files, it appears that the company is no longer in business. The phone numbers the BBB had for this company are disconnected, and directory assistance does not have a listing for this company. The BBB's mail to this company has been returned as undeliverable. If you have an unresolved dispute with this company you may wish to seek legal advice.
    I would beware of some of these companies. I almost fell for Phoenix Motor Cars several years back and now they finally got bought and appear to be back in business. The last I got was they are low speed vehicles not for highway use like originally advertised.
    I was also keeping up on what is now Lithium Ion Motors and Hybrid Technologies I would say just do your research on any of these.
  3. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Pheonix Motor Cars was not like these conversion shops. Their ambition is more like Coda (to build a lower/mid priced EV based on a foreign vehicle). They used a nice 35kWh Altairnano pack (bigger than Leaf's and similar to Coda's) that was demonstrated to recharge in 10 minutes.