Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone bought and used Drag DR-83 wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to see some reviews of these. Their wheels are so cheap but unsure of the finish and durability.

My first concern is if they fit. I see nothing to stop me from ordering wheels that would never fit,

1706745472550.png

Has anyone bought and used Drag DR-83 wheels?
I know that Drag isn't a great brand, but the wheels do look strikingly similar to the Uberturbines with a smaller 19" form factor that I personally prefer. I know that wheels with a similar look are available from more reputable companies like TSportline, but they cost more than double that of the Drag wheels. It would make sense they would be a bit better than the Drag wheels, but I just don't think they would be good ENOUGH to warrant the much higher price (TSportline wheels are virtually the same weight as the Drag wheels with a lower load capacity).
Here is a link to the Drag wheels:
If anyone has purchased and used these wheels, what conditions have they been used in and how are they holding up (specifically regarding the finish)?
Any thoughts at all on the topic are welcome.
Thank you!

IMG_1357.jpeg

I purchased mine from Tire Rack and had Tesla install them. You must also buy the pressure sensors. The wheels are great. No issues!

I've been considering these for my winter set, because they have a version for my Model X:

https://www.tesery.com/products/uberturbine-high-performance-forged-wheels
Absolutely! The Uberturbine High-Performance Forged Wheels from Tesery are an excellent choice for your Model X, especially for winter driving conditions. Here's why they stand out:

1. Performance: These wheels are designed to offer superior performance, ensuring stability and traction even in challenging winter conditions. The forged construction provides durability and strength, which is crucial for handling rough roads or unexpected obstacles.
  2. Style: Not only are these wheels functional, but they also add a touch of style to your Model X. The sleek design and premium finish complement the overall aesthetics of the vehicle, enhancing its appearance on the road.
  3. Quality: Tesery is known for its commitment to quality, and these wheels are no exception. Crafted with precision and attention to detail, they undergo rigorous testing to meet the highest standards of performance and durability.
  4. Fitment: It's crucial to ensure that the wheels you choose are compatible with your Model X. With the Uberturbine High-Performance Forged Wheels, you can rest assured that they are designed to fit seamlessly and securely, providing a perfect match for your vehicle.
As you prepare for winter driving, investing in reliable wheels like these can make a significant difference in your overall driving experience. Feel free to explore more details on the Tesery website, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or need assistance with your purchase.

You can also enter discount code "JULIET9890" to get 15% off.

Reactions: towndrunk
These wheels are fantastic, they ride nice and stability is solid and the gray is almost a perfect match to the OEM wheels. Will probably get another set for the winter. The efficiency is fantastic and you can rotate your tires with this setup.

View attachment 969779
Thanks for the post history on this. I just ordered the basically the same set up. Your posts gave me the confidence and info I needed to get there- an awful lot happening when you step down 2 inches in wheel size.
I went with General Altimax tires after seeing some other reviews, given that they were like $80-100 a wheel less expensive.

I think I'm going to sell my stock ubers as soon as these are on with a few rides under the belt. I'm hoping I can get decent price since they're clean and have about 6k miles. Wish me luck!

Here's a picture of the stock 20" Induction wheel and tire next to a DRAG DR-83 18" x 8.5" ET30 wheel and 235/55R18 winter tire. You can see why the DRAG wheel is dual listed as 5x114.3 and 5x120, because it has two sets of lug holes. Also, the center caps are interchangeable between these wheels (the DRAG center cap, Tesla Induction wheel center cap, and Tesla Uberturbine wheel center cap all interchange).

Attachments

• 20240221_141707.jpg
    20240221_141707.jpg
    859.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Informative
Here's a picture of the stock 20" Induction wheel and tire next to a DRAG DR-83 18" x 8.5" ET30 wheel and 235/55R18 winter tire. You can see why the DRAG wheel is dual listed as 5x114.3 and 5x120, because it has two sets of lug holes. Also, the center caps are interchangeable between these wheels (the DRAG center cap, Tesla Induction wheel center cap, and Tesla Uberturbine wheel center cap all interchange).
That's good the center caps can change as the Drag caps say "DRAG" on them, which is kind of a...