Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone broken through the contracts/paperwork "freeze" yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! I'm in Austin and ordered the same config on 7/1/2018. Just got the contract from my ISA early this week (Edit: After he contacted me and we waited 3 weeks in the freeze) and have a delivery scheduled for 8/28.

That's encouranging. Tesla just received my check this morning from my CU, all paperwork is signed/in, so now I'm waiting for my IDA to contact me to schedule my delivery. I emailed her this morning and she said she'd be able to schedule once the check was on her desk..so that could be who knows when

Not so good update on my delivery...

I arrived this afternoon about 10 minutes late, due to an accident on 45 (of course).

After getting there, I am told the firmware wasn’t up to date and it would be ready to go after the update. I had my 3 year old with me who was begging to ride home in the “New Fast Car”.

They did offer a demo car to sit in so I could go over the how to use the vehicle, but I have already test drove and need no instruction on use of the car. Just want my car to inspect, collect keys, pair phone and install the car seat.

After an hour and a half, they say the new update still didn’t fix issue with the rear view camera and they are still working on it.

So much for passed PDI “with flying colors”. I told them I was leaving and to call me when the car was actually ready for delivery.

I left with a crying three year old and no Model 3.

Frustrating and embarrassing as I rearranged my work schedule since Tesla called and asked me to take delivery early (original delivery on 8/22). I had to cancel some work, bring my 3 year old, and out of town visiting family to make the delivery work. Obviously the family doesn’t think much of Tesla now.

They did offer to delivery it at my house “tomorrow”. But at this point, I want to come back down there and go over the car with a fine tooth comb before I drive away. I don’t trust the Tesla delivery process.

There were about 2 dozen cars waiting for delivery. About 5 vehicles were delivered while I waited and another truck full of Model 3s arrived while I was waiting.

I think they are understaffed and disorganized, so this is your fair warning.

• Informative
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Nice! I'm in Austin and ordered the same config on 7/1/2018. Just got the contract from my ISA early this week (Edit: After he contacted me and we waited 3 weeks in the freeze) and have a delivery scheduled for 8/28.

Wonder if our cars will be on the same truck. Ordered 6/27 (reserved 4/1/16) for the same config and am scheduled for delivery on 8/30. Does your VIN show up on your account page yet? Mine's showing up in my MVPA but not on the site itself.

Wow, this may happen! Received the FedEx package which contains Texas registration application and limited POA to allow Tesla to transfer title. It arrived just 3 hours before the Lyft ride is scheduled to pick me up for transport to the N Houston Delivery center.

Originally scheduled for delivery on the 15th, then delayed till the 22nd due to parts needed, now on for Today!

Reactions: SpudLime
Wow, this may happen! Received the FedEx package which contains Texas registration application and limited POA to allow Tesla to transfer title. It arrived just 3 hours before the Lyft ride is scheduled to pick me up for transport to the N Houston Delivery center.

Originally scheduled for delivery on the 15th, then delayed till the 22nd due to parts needed, now on for Today!

I hope it happens for you @WayneGTX. I also got my FedEx package today, the day after my failed delivery. I had no idea I needed that complete for the delivery to happen. Nobody scheduling my delivery mentioned it.

Update on my delivery...

I left a message this morning for an update on my vehicle status. Just got a call back and they are saying the earliest delivery time is now Saturday 8/25.

I think your car might have been the one backed up against the window right over my daughter’s head in this photo.

Good luck!

EDIT: never mind, aero wheels. I’ll check another photo I have.

Attachments

• 6E60DB4E-562C-4E05-A783-5AC36B1FB5FF.jpeg
    6E60DB4E-562C-4E05-A783-5AC36B1FB5FF.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 76
Wonder if our cars will be on the same truck. Ordered 6/27 (reserved 4/1/16) for the same config and am scheduled for delivery on 8/30. Does your VIN show up on your account page yet? Mine's showing up in my MVPA but not on the site itself.

Congrats guys! I’m just waiting on Tesla to sign the paperwork now so would assume my delivery will be mid September. Probably a good thing for me as I need to sub-lease my other car still. I reserved on 6/23/16 and ordered 6/27/18 (at 2am est after a long night of drinking ha!). In the meantime I’ve rented a LR WRD on turro and test drove a P3D in San Diego last week while out there for a wedding.

0A85D373-74C6-47B2-9933-D5959059BFDF.jpeg
I hope it happens for you @WayneGTX. I also got my FedEx package today, the day after my failed delivery. I had no idea I needed that complete for the delivery to happen. Nobody scheduling my delivery mentioned it.

Update on my delivery...

I left a message this morning for an update on my vehicle status. Just got a call back and they are saying the earliest delivery time is now Saturday 8/25.

My delivery went good! I received the FedEx envelope just 3 hours before the Lyft guy came to pick us up at 1 pm. The service center said they are not allowed to touch the paperwork (application for Texas registration) which is why they say to bring it with you sealed in the envelope.

New arrivals cars were in the shop and all were covered with a layer of brown silt (like the stuff the Brazos river moves around). My detail job was good, with just a few places where traces of the brown stuff collected on water drops in the seal/gasket spaces. I’ve attached a photo of new arrivals in the delivery/service center.

My $2500 configuration was submitted July 20th, Delivery was today, Aug 18. You all know the drama in between those dates, my experience wasn’t the fastest, but not terrible.

And YES, the car is wonderful!

View attachment 326915

My delivery went good! I received the FedEx envelope just 3 hours before the Lyft guy came to pick us up at 1 pm. The service center said they are not allowed to touch the paperwork (application for Texas registration) which is why they say to bring it with you sealed in the envelope.

New arrivals cars were in the shop and all were covered with a layer of brown silt (like the stuff the Brazos river moves around). My detail job was good, with just a few places where traces of the brown stuff collected on water drops in the seal/gasket spaces. I’ve attached a photo of new arrivals in the delivery/service center.

My $2500 configuration was submitted July 20th, Delivery was today, Aug 18. You all know the drama in between those dates, my experience wasn’t the fastest, but not terrible.

And YES, the car is wonderful!

Congratulations @WayneGTX !!!

Thanks for the picture. I see mine still sitting in the same spot, far left near the roller doors. Hopefully the repairs go well this week.

Fremont is definitely making the SC job harder.

A tip for others: You can’t read the TVs over the hanging from the ceilings in this photo, but they have metrics on service vehicle wait times. I haven’t been to this SC since the grand opening, but I wonder if that is a newer additionan on the new push to reduce service wait times.

I'm in Austin and my config is the same as several of us on here: LR RWD MSM Aeros EAP.
My VIN appeared on my page on Saturday, a week before my scheduled delivery of 8/25.
When I called last week, they told me that the car was on its "last little leg of the journey", being about 5-6 hours away and waiting for a truck assignment.

Hoping all of us MSM Austinites are happy by this time next week!

I'm getting annoyed. Tesla got my check Friday morning yet my IDA hasn't contacted me about scheduling delivery. I've emailed and called and gotten no response.

Be patient, they had my ACH for almost two weeks before my delivery Saturday. Once I got the number for the N Houston delivery center they were really good at returning my calls. Is your IDA in Austin or in Vegas?

I'm getting annoyed. Tesla got my check Friday morning yet my IDA hasn't contacted me about scheduling delivery. I've emailed and called and gotten no response.

Good luck getting a response from their Accounting Department. I have yet to have my account updated to acknowledge my check. It this point I suspect it won't happen until just before delivery. It would be nice though if they would explain the process.

Be patient, they had my ACH for almost two weeks before my delivery Saturday. Once I got the number for the N Houston delivery center they were really good at returning my calls. Is your IDA in Austin or in Vegas?

I've heard it said patience is a virtue... Check for full payment has been in Tesla's hands since July 23rd & my delivery just got pushed back from this Wednesday 8/22 until September 1st. Considering my original configuration had, by all indications (lack of edit button & a VIN) a delivery in early July this is a bit irritating. I think Tesla needs to ask Home Depot how logistics is done.

@WayneGTX your color choice was my original configuration, before I had color reservations. I shouldn't of been concerned, your car looks great. Congrats!

On the bright side, I had a test drive/drivers ED session at noon today with my exact car configuration (LR, RWD). Amazing, and more than enough giddy-up for driving in H-town traffic. Really when you've 10 miles past the speed limit 1/4 of the way up the entrance ramp how much more "fast" do you need.

I've heard it said patience is a virtue... Check for full payment has been in Tesla's hands since July 23rd & my delivery just got pushed back from this Wednesday 8/22 until September 1st. Considering my original configuration had, by all indications (lack of edit button & a VIN) a delivery in early July this is a bit irritating. I think Tesla needs to ask Home Depot how logistics is done.

On the bright side, I had a test drive/drivers ED session at noon today with my exact car configuration (LR, RWD). Amazing, and more than enough giddy-up for driving in H-town traffic. Really when you've 10 miles past the speed limit 1/4 of the way up the entrance ramp how much more "fast" do you need.

Ouch @hmerrill3, I feel for you.

We got matched around the same time, but assuming they can get my car straightened out this week, I should be driving it this weekend.

RE test drive: I also took a test drive/orientation up in the Woodlands a few weeks ago, so I would have less questions at delivery. It was bad timing (pouring rain, back roads, traffic), but I did get plenty of 20 - 50 punches. I was really impressed with the wet road handling and mid range acceleration, better than I remember the original S 85. I was worried I would leave that drive and be adding AWD. The back end had just enough wiggle to have RWD fun.