Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone broken through the contracts/paperwork "freeze" yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my deliver date scheduled next week (8/28) @ the North Houston SC (first contact with my ISA was on 8/1). She explained that the car takes 2 weeks to ship from CA, and they will not ship it until it has been paid in full. After signing my MVPA on 8/8 I paid my downpayment via ACH and entered my financing information (USAA), ISA asked I send her the dealer funding request so she can submitted it to my bank.

1 week out from delivery and my bank (USAA) still shows the loan as "pending". I've tried calling & email my ISA but I've gotten no response. This afternoon the VIN showed up on the webpage - I'm not sure if it means anything as it was already on the MVPA, but it is still nice to see the checkbox on "overview" link.

Should I be worried about a last minute delay given the loan still shows a pending by my bank? Should I call the SC to see if they have or are expecting the car?

I have my deliver date scheduled next week (8/28) @ the North Houston SC (first contact with my ISA was on 8/1). She explained that the car takes 2 weeks to ship from CA, and they will not ship it until it has been paid in full. After signing my MVPA on 8/8 I paid my downpayment via ACH and entered my financing information (USAA), ISA asked I send her the dealer funding request so she can submitted it to my bank.

1 week out from delivery and my bank (USAA) still shows the loan as "pending". I've tried calling & email my ISA but I've gotten no response. This afternoon the VIN showed up on the webpage - I'm not sure if it means anything as it was already on the MVPA, but it is still nice to see the checkbox on "overview" link.

Should I be worried about a last minute delay given the loan still shows a pending by my bank? Should I call the SC to see if they have or are expecting the car?
I'd be more concerned about the time in transit, from my experience and other observations I'd say two weeks is optimistic.

Update...

Delivery today!

Got a call today that the backup camera was fixed with software. Sounds like the last update to the car didn’t install correctly and was causing the issue.

Car was in great shape and I didn’t find any cosmetic flaws.

Phone app didn’t work at the start of delivery, but after an update on their software it came to life before I left.

I posted an image of the service bay in case anyone is looking for their car. Looked like all new batch of Model 3s from last Friday.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting. Let me know if I can help anyone waiting.

Attachments

• A3F5F450-CD67-47B6-8FC9-8ED2EA8D0FFD.jpeg
    A3F5F450-CD67-47B6-8FC9-8ED2EA8D0FFD.jpeg
    350.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 30965279-7AB2-4069-B052-82744B82F848.jpeg
    30965279-7AB2-4069-B052-82744B82F848.jpeg
    402.2 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: DR61 and LonestarV
I went through the whole "waiting on the contracts team" and now it seems Tesla is trying to move cars into Texas by rail. My delivery was scheduled for today(8/22) @ 3:30pm. I received a call @ 10:35am as I am putting my seatbelt on to drive to Dallas telling me that there is a delay and they don't know exactly where my car is or why it hasn't been trucked over to the service center. After some digging I gathered that It is at a BNSF rail hub/warehouse somewhere in North Texas and it arrived there on Aug 15. Also found out my mfg date was June 18. (order was placed on 6/28) Why didn't someone report the issue trucking cars from the rail hub to the SC for the past week?!?

I went through the whole "waiting on the contracts team" and now it seems Tesla is trying to move cars into Texas by rail. My delivery was scheduled for today(8/22) @ 3:30pm. I received a call @ 10:35am as I am putting my seatbelt on to drive to Dallas telling me that there is a delay and they don't know exactly where my car is or why it hasn't been trucked over to the service center. After some digging I gathered that It is at a BNSF rail hub/warehouse somewhere in North Texas and it arrived there on Aug 15. Also found out my mfg date was June 18. (order was placed on 6/28) Why didn't someone report the issue trucking cars from the rail hub to the SC for the past week?!?

How did you find out your mfg date? Seems like an interesting tidbit many would want to know.

Reactions: jprac80
I asked the service center. i had a 342XX VIN so I was just curious how long it has been waiting on this 2 month long contracts and delivery process since the model 3 VINs are now over 100K

So once delivery is scheduled I should communicate with the local delivery center? I just got my delivery scheduled for 9/5 after paying for my car last night (woooohoooo)! It's crazy that I'm not technically a Tesla owner although due to Texas being backwards I don't have my car.

Would love to know my mfg date as well as I'm a 30xxx VIN and it seems rather early.

Reactions: jprac80
So once delivery is scheduled I should communicate with the local delivery center? I just got my delivery scheduled for 9/5 after paying for my car last night (woooohoooo)! It's crazy that I'm not technically a Tesla owner although due to Texas being backwards I don't have my car.

Would love to know my mfg date as well as I'm a 30xxx VIN and it seems rather early.
Check out the Texas Hold Up! thread.

You should be able to find your car's past delivery locations through United Road in a week or two.

Funny, also Austin, I paid last Friday, but they didn't acknowledge it until yesterday, and my delivery is set 9/10

View attachment 326915

My delivery went good! I received the FedEx envelope just 3 hours before the Lyft guy came to pick us up at 1 pm. The service center said they are not allowed to touch the paperwork (application for Texas registration) which is why they say to bring it with you sealed in the envelope.

New arrivals cars were in the shop and all were covered with a layer of brown silt (like the stuff the Brazos river moves around). My detail job was good, with just a few places where traces of the brown stuff collected on water drops in the seal/gasket spaces. I’ve attached a photo of new arrivals in the delivery/service center.

My $2500 configuration was submitted July 20th, Delivery was today, Aug 18. You all know the drama in between those dates, my experience wasn’t the fastest, but not terrible.

And YES, the car is wonderful!

Congratulations! Do you have a vin# and could you input your data into Troy's spreadsheet? We have the same config and I take delivery next week so I am curious as to how our vin# compare and not many silver RWD out there.
I have vin# 467xx -Thanks

Well, I'm new to this (both Tesla and this club) but I thought I would reach out for help.
I have been on the reservation list since April 2016 and finally decided last week that it was no good waiting for the mythical $35K car. Also, I want the Fed tax credit :).

Order my model 3 Aug 15 and was told delivery would be Oct-Dec. Fine, I still needed to get a tradein offer from Tesla.
Got an email from my ISA (not going to name her) on Sat Aug 18. Followed by a phone call to let me know that I needed to complete the trade in info to get and offer.

Completed the trade in app on the web on Monday Aug 20.
Wed Aug 22 I get a text message:

"Greetings! Tesla's Austin Service .. Wanted to inform you that your vehicle is in transit ..."

????? I thought I would get a VIN, decide on the trade-in offer (which I don't have) then sign the contract and pay before it was shipped?
So I called the ISA. No answer and "mail box is full". Hmmm.
Tried calling ISA for a few days with no luck and decided to call the local Tesla service location (Austin) and was told, I will get in touch with ISA or her boss.
Finally ISA calls and gives me the low-ball offer for my car and I tell her no thanks.

She now says that I need to electronically sign the contract (no FEDEX paper) and pay via bank transfer.

I go to the tesla.com web site and find that it now says:
"Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery"
Um, OK. No contract, no VIN, no nothing.

I know that Tesla is having a tough time right now (just read the news) but is this what I should expect? I'm a bit nervous about simply giving them $60k without at least the promise of car :). Bear in mind that I am in TX and I have been told that Tesla can't ship the car from California until it has been funded.

Can someone in TX tell me what their experience was? Did you pay before signing or even seeing a contract?

Well, I'm new to this (both Tesla and this club) but I thought I would reach out for help.
I have been on the reservation list since April 2016 and finally decided last week that it was no good waiting for the mythical $35K car. Also, I want the Fed tax credit :).

Order my model 3 Aug 15 and was told delivery would be Oct-Dec. Fine, I still needed to get a tradein offer from Tesla.
Got an email from my ISA (not going to name her) on Sat Aug 18. Followed by a phone call to let me know that I needed to complete the trade in info to get and offer.

Completed the trade in app on the web on Monday Aug 20.
Wed Aug 22 I get a text message:

"Greetings! Tesla's Austin Service .. Wanted to inform you that your vehicle is in transit ..."

????? I thought I would get a VIN, decide on the trade-in offer (which I don't have) then sign the contract and pay before it was shipped?
So I called the ISA. No answer and "mail box is full". Hmmm.
Tried calling ISA for a few days with no luck and decided to call the local Tesla service location (Austin) and was told, I will get in touch with ISA or her boss.
Finally ISA calls and gives me the low-ball offer for my car and I tell her no thanks.

She now says that I need to electronically sign the contract (no FEDEX paper) and pay via bank transfer.

I go to the tesla.com web site and find that it now says:
"Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery"
Um, OK. No contract, no VIN, no nothing.

I know that Tesla is having a tough time right now (just read the news) but is this what I should expect? I'm a bit nervous about simply giving them $60k without at least the promise of car :). Bear in mind that I am in TX and I have been told that Tesla can't ship the car from California until it has been funded.

Can someone in TX tell me what their experience was? Did you pay before signing or even seeing a contract?
The electronic signature is just the first sign of many and it is the "Contract", you commit to give them $$ they commit to give you a car... The title registration papers are the ones that come via Fed Ex because Texas needs wet signatures on those forms. When you sign for delivery of the car you are in essence acknowledging that Teslas has fulfilled their part of the Contract.

On your (manage) accounts page there should be a link to your MVPA. Your assigned VIN will be there (now that they no longer post them on your account page). She should also be emailing you the a copy of the MVPA and the Monroney document (that's the window sticker you see on other new cars).

If you want the car, sign the document and let your ISA know you'll make payment when they provide the MVPA since that is where they list everything they are providing their cost and all taxes and fees.

The electronic signature is just the first sign of many and it is the "Contract", you commit to give them $$ they commit to give you a car... The title registration papers are the ones that come via Fed Ex because Texas needs wet signatures on those forms. When you sign for delivery of the car you are in essence acknowledging that Teslas has fulfilled their part of the Contract.

On your (manage) accounts page there should be a link to your MVPA. Your assigned VIN will be there (now that they no longer post them on your account page). She should also be emailing you the a copy of the MVPA and the Monroney document (that's the window sticker you see on other new cars).

If you want the car, sign the document and let your ISA know you'll make payment when they provide the MVPA since that is where they list everything they are providing their cost and all taxes and fees.

Did you actually get your car on 09/01/18? Our delivery was scheduled for 9/1/18 also but was cancelled 12 hours prior to pickup due to a supposed faulty seat belt sensor. Still waiting on new delivery date but I suspect it is just another Tesla lie. I suspect, like others, they can't handle the delivery volumes and have "overbooked" what they can deliver.

Ordered on 6/29/18
VIN provided on 07/11/18
Was stuck in "contract hell" for several weeks, finally got MVPA 08/13/18
Delivery data confirmed on 08/18/18
First delivery date cancelled 09/01/18
Still no ETA or new delivery date 09/11/18

Worst car buying experience ever due to lack of communication from Tesla. Brand new defective car has been awaiting a seat going on 2 weeks now, still with no ETA. Mr. Musk and team should be embarrassed.

I seem to be stuck in this "drafting contract" phase now too - I live in the interior of British Columbia, 400 miles from nearest Tesla store/service centre in any direction, so they offer to ship it to me during the initial sales pitch. "Great!" I thought... now I'm wondering though... I did all the initial online paperwork early last week (Nov 13), then had an IDA contact me noting I was matched to a car and could I pick it up on Friday or Saturday (Nov 16 or 17)... so clearly the car is readily available. I told her no that it was supposed to be shipped to me. That appears to have been a big mistake as the contract has been coming "tomorrow" now for a week.

Reading through this thread, I'm wondering how long I'm going to be waiting now, gah. I am slated to do a regional road trip this weekend for a coaching clinic and really wanted to drive my Model 3, not my old gasser! Seems I should have just bought the plane ticket and gone to Vancouver to get the car. Looks like they use whatever "contracts" resources they have to push cars through for delivery centres and anyone getting their car shipped goes to the bottom of the pile. Now it is too late to change course to go get the car from Vancouver and still get to my workshop this weekend... frustrated.