TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has anyone broken through the contracts/paperwork "freeze" yet?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by LonestarV, Jul 25, 2018.

1. jprac80

jprac80 Member

(281) 982-7130 from google maps

• Informative x 2
  2. Allenby58

Allenby58 Member

This forum is wonderful. Thanks especially for all the unique TX info. It is very unnerving to see folks who recently ordered non- reservation AWD get VINs over who line waited ...especially East coast! So many crazy Tesla variables.

3. hmerrill3

hmerrill3 Member

I feel like a dufus.

That said, why is it Tesla wouldn't publish the phone number on their website.

4. tyfosho

tyfosho Member

I don't think this works for all of us in Texas since we don't get a delivery date until after the contract and payment has been completed :(

5. kalikgod

kalikgod Member

I drive by there all the time and always check on the inventory. Never seen a single Tesla, I think they have all been trucked to date. I’ll post back if I see a 3.

That place was overloaded just after Harvey.

6. kalikgod

kalikgod Member

I hope they “accidentally” shipped mine too.

ISA replied to me today, they had my finance amount wrong in the order details. He said still waiting on contract.

7. patoirish

patoirish Member

Also a fellow Texan waiting on a contract. I actually have an MVPA but I decided I wanted to put a little more down and asked them to update it for me, that was 2 weeks ago now. Haven't heard from my ISA in 2 weeks and although I'm in no huge rush to take delivery I'm starting to get annoyed...

Does calling the delivery center help?

8. kalikgod

kalikgod Member

That is why I had my ISA update the info I was seeing online today. I would be infuriated to have the wrong contract produced and then get shuffled back to the bottom of the pile to be corrected.

9. holmz20

holmz20 New Member

My ISA called back yesterday saying they want to push my delivery earliest to Wednesday 8/8 since they dont have temp plates on the car. I figured i might as well wait some more days.

Also the input regarding an earlier delivery date (if VIN assign) can work , doesnt hurt to try, it triggers the ISA to go faster and get it done.
    This wouldnt hurt to try, if you have a VIN call your DSA in your area you were going to pick up from (even though no delivery date assigned or payment made), you might be surprised if the car is already there. :)

10. RyanInBinary

RyanInBinary Member

Any other updates from Texas people? I’m starting to worry about my loan approval expiring and I’ve heard nothing back yet. Has been like 20 days for me already, and my CU keeps the loan for 30.

11. Holmern

Holmern Member

Got my contract on Friday afternoon. Funds sent today. Got a delivery date of August 16th for now.

12. RyanInBinary

RyanInBinary Member

Tesla sent my the MVPA today. I have already signed it. I'm also signing and submitting my loan information tomorrow morning, along with my down payment. Hopefully I can get my delivery scheduled for sometime in the next few weeks!

• Like x 1
  13. Holmern

Holmern Member

Once my payment was received today they gave me a delivery date so you'll probably get yours shortly.

14. Beasley

Beasley Member

I picked up the first PM3 in Houston today. Don’t be jealous.

• Like x 2
  15. Wubbles

Wubbles Member

30 hours away from delivery in NJ. Still no finalized MVPA lol.

16. jprimav2

jprimav2 Member

I've been waiting for my MVPA since July 20 with no contact from my ISA since. I finally called Tesla and was on hold for about 20 minutes but then spoke to a really nice lady who said she would contact my ISA and "nudge" her to get mine moving.

Three hours later I got the email that my MVPA was ready. May be worth a shot if you're still waiting and haven't called yet.

17. hmerrill3

hmerrill3 Member

Broke down and called Tesla Sales number... After a 30 min. hold spoke to a nice Customer Support agent (Aaron) who was able to tell me that I have a new VIN assigned and that the vehicle has completed production and is at one of their CA distribution hubs being prepared for shipment.

Aaron then tagged my account so my ISA would update me on the status of my payment since Tesla has had my cashiers check since July 23rd. Hopefully, that will get sorted out today. Makes me nervous when 5-figure sums are not in my bank account or reflected in my Tesla account.

He also sent via email my new VIN assignment. Seems like there is information available in Tesla's records that one's ISA may not share, or maybe too overwhelmed to do so. One would think that if one could master the software necessary for self-driving cars you could have an automated system that posts tracking updates to owners :rolleyes:

Looks to me that Tesla is going to miss their previously stated delivery target of the first two weeks of August, but it shouldn't be long thereafter.

• Like x 1
  18. TROMB_1

TROMB_1 Member

Good luck getting a delivery in Texas. I had everything set, configured and VIN assigned 6/28, full payment on 7/5, delivery set for 7/28, great right?

They called the day before delivery saying the car didn't make it onto the truck and it'd be another few weeks. New delivery date 8/14.

Still waiting, because they only have one truck delivering one time per month???

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  19. hmerrill3

hmerrill3 Member

Just got an email from my ISA setting delivery for August 22nd. Based on your comment maybe I should call early next week and confirm that it's on a Texas-bound truck.

20. TROMB_1

TROMB_1 Member

Also haven't gotten any feedback from ISA since the day before original delivery date. No calls, no email response. Not feeling too great about them hitting the secondary delivery date.