Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone broken through the contracts/paperwork "freeze" yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, there’s a trick to get your contract done within few hours. Worked for me, twice! Basically call your delivery center and ask them to change your delivery to the same day, contracts then seen it and make it a priority. Then after contract, change delivery day to the one you had....

I had to do two contracts because i changed my loan amount (put more down) and my bank wanted the contract to show this before sending the check overnight....

I posted details of this in another thread. Let me go copy it and paste it here....

I don't think this works for all of us in Texas since we don't get a delivery date until after the contract and payment has been completed :(

Anyone got any information to confirm that vehicle bound for Texas, North Houston SC specifically, are being shipped by rail? It would make sense since there is a UP yard that handles cars is in relatively close proximity, (NW of IAH, you can see it from the Hardy TW). Anyone that makes that drive on that section of the tollway happen to see a lot full of MOD3's?

I drive by there all the time and always check on the inventory. Never seen a single Tesla, I think they have all been trucked to date. I’ll post back if I see a 3.

That place was overloaded just after Harvey.

Reconfirming the VIN by calling SDC Austin now. I was surprised about the shipment myself since i have been reading and knew for a fact they wont ship the car for TX bound owners until paid. Even though the ISA told me there was a mistake in the system and car "accidentally" got shipped to Austin beforehand.

I hope they “accidentally” shipped mine too.

ISA replied to me today, they had my finance amount wrong in the order details. He said still waiting on contract.

Also a fellow Texan waiting on a contract. I actually have an MVPA but I decided I wanted to put a little more down and asked them to update it for me, that was 2 weeks ago now. Haven't heard from my ISA in 2 weeks and although I'm in no huge rush to take delivery I'm starting to get annoyed...

Does calling the delivery center help?

Also a fellow Texan waiting on a contract. I actually have an MVPA but I decided I wanted to put a little more down and asked them to update it for me, that was 2 weeks ago now. Haven't heard from my ISA in 2 weeks and although I'm in no huge rush to take delivery I'm starting to get annoyed...

Does calling the delivery center help?

That is why I had my ISA update the info I was seeing online today. I would be infuriated to have the wrong contract produced and then get shuffled back to the bottom of the pile to be corrected.

My ISA called back yesterday saying they want to push my delivery earliest to Wednesday 8/8 since they dont have temp plates on the car. I figured i might as well wait some more days.

Also the input regarding an earlier delivery date (if VIN assign) can work , doesnt hurt to try, it triggers the ISA to go faster and get it done.
This wouldnt hurt to try, if you have a VIN call your DSA in your area you were going to pick up from (even though no delivery date assigned or payment made), you might be surprised if the car is already there. :)

I've been waiting for my MVPA since July 20 with no contact from my ISA since. I finally called Tesla and was on hold for about 20 minutes but then spoke to a really nice lady who said she would contact my ISA and "nudge" her to get mine moving.

Three hours later I got the email that my MVPA was ready. May be worth a shot if you're still waiting and haven't called yet.

Broke down and called Tesla Sales number... After a 30 min. hold spoke to a nice Customer Support agent (Aaron) who was able to tell me that I have a new VIN assigned and that the vehicle has completed production and is at one of their CA distribution hubs being prepared for shipment.

Aaron then tagged my account so my ISA would update me on the status of my payment since Tesla has had my cashiers check since July 23rd. Hopefully, that will get sorted out today. Makes me nervous when 5-figure sums are not in my bank account or reflected in my Tesla account.

He also sent via email my new VIN assignment. Seems like there is information available in Tesla's records that one's ISA may not share, or maybe too overwhelmed to do so. One would think that if one could master the software necessary for self-driving cars you could have an automated system that posts tracking updates to owners :rolleyes:

Looks to me that Tesla is going to miss their previously stated delivery target of the first two weeks of August, but it shouldn't be long thereafter.

Reactions: SpudLime
Good luck getting a delivery in Texas. I had everything set, configured and VIN assigned 6/28, full payment on 7/5, delivery set for 7/28, great right?

They called the day before delivery saying the car didn't make it onto the truck and it'd be another few weeks. New delivery date 8/14.

Still waiting, because they only have one truck delivering one time per month???

Good luck getting a delivery in Texas. I had everything set, configured and VIN assigned 6/28, full payment on 7/5, delivery set for 7/28, great right?

They called the day before delivery saying the car didn't make it onto the truck and it'd be another few weeks. New delivery date 8/14.

Still waiting, because they only have one truck delivering one time per month???

Just got an email from my ISA setting delivery for August 22nd. Based on your comment maybe I should call early next week and confirm that it's on a Texas-bound truck.