Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone broken through the contracts/paperwork "freeze" yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep getting answers from my ISA (which is a positive), but the answer every time is "very soon!". It's been this same answer for a week now.

I got a VIN and got the money together almost 2 weeks ago, which is now just sitting in my account waiting to be paid to Tesla. Frustrating.

Check out this thread, lots of comments about people getting their contracts on the day of their delivery, many after their delivery appointment time.
Texas. Like a few other states (such as Utah) we have to get all the paperwork done and full payment made before they can ship the vehicle here.

There are people getting contracts through the system, it's just very slow so the orders are backlogged.

I was given a pick up date, and told within 24-48 hours I would have the final MVPA. Never did get the final MVPA online, but the car is now in my garage (after a hour 1/2 wait to sign the contract and hand over the checks).
We don't have that luxury in TX. Need to pay in full before they ship it.

Today my ISA did confirm I still have the car/VIN allocated to me, just contracts holding it up. Said she'll do what she can (which I don't think is much).

I'm in the exact same situation. ISA sent the contract in last Monday, still waiting to hear back. He's told me a couple of times that we're still just waiting on paperwork and unfortunately he doesn't have any way to speed it up.

I feel like Texas is getting a little screwed since there are people with cars at delivery centers needing MVPAs, and for us our cars are just on a lot in CA somewhere. They're probably feeling more pressure to create the day-of-delivery MVPAs before the Texas ones. (This is all just complete speculation)

Delivery originally scheduled for last Saturday, 7/21. Canceled because no contract was ready to be provided to the credit union by Friday afternoon. Postponed to this coming Sunday, 7/29.

Finally received contract from inside delivery advisor this afternoon (Wednesday, 7/25). I spoke with the inside delivery advisor and to whoever picked up the phone at the Marina del Rey delivery center multiple times and asked all of them to do what they could to expedite the contract process. Each time I was told they'd ask, but it was out of their hands.

Now the contract is finally signed by all and I am waiting for my credit union to OK the amounts before paying the down payment online.

Hope the contracts will be ready for you guys soon too!

Stuck in "finalizing contracts" since last Wednesday here with no ETA from my ISA. I got a hold of him yesterday afternoon and he says it is out of his hands. I'm in TX so I need to make full payment before they even ship the vehicle.

yup,

Fremont Delivery Hub.
Original Delivery Schedule : Last Saturday, waited 7 hours only to take a Lyft home. Took Monday off from work because they told me contracts would be ready on Monday, NOPE. Tuesday Morning got a call saying it'll be ready at 2pm. Just sign and drive. I got there at 2 waited another 4 hours. Got my car first thing Glove BOX is busted either wait some more... for them to try to get it fix or go home with car and schedule an appointment with service center.

Send me ISR and Delivery people an email 24 hours NO RESPONSE. Going to drive to delivery center again to make sure they capture everything else wrong with car.

WORST CAR DELIVERY EXPERIENCE EVER!!!