TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Has anyone Charged at Soldier Field in Chicago

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by mibaro2, Sep 11, 2014.

1. mibaro2

mibaro2 Member

I am wondering if anyone has used the chargers at Soldier Field. I read that there were 4 chargers located in the North parking lot.
    Has anyone had good or bad experience with them? I'm curious since I'll be going there the first week in November, and want to know how reliable the chargers are (I'll call the stadium ahead of time to see what they say, but one never knows how accurate their information will be).

Thanks,

2. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

Be prepared for "first come first served" including ICE vehicles in the spots.

3. paco3791

paco3791 TMC OG

I've had great luck with the charge point site that it on northerly island. It's a nice location if your visiting the museum complex and it's just a little bit more of a walk over to soldier field.

4. William13

William13 Member

I have used the charger in that garage. It worked a year ago. No icing. narrow spots. Need a chargepoint account. Better with RFID card as the phone reception was poor inside the garage.

There are plenty of others in the downtown if needed.

Good luck.

5. mibaro2

mibaro2 Member

Thanks for the replies. Good ideas and suggestions.

Looking forward to being in the windy city.

6. Neech

Neech Member

I've used the chargers over the summer. Like others have said, you need a Chargepoint card, but the chargers were free.