Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone confirmed whether the OEM 19" wheel fits on the P3D+ hub?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know if it has been confirmed or not. I bought some 19” OEM wheels from a forum member on M3OC and provided a few pics in another thread on this site, but here is another I just took; not the best but there does appear to be a ~3mm lip. I plan on taking one wheel with me when I go to the service/delivery center and ask them to fit it to make sure it works when I take delivery (which is turning out to be a shitshow in itself).

If anyone is in/near Boise, Idaho with a P3D+ and has the tools/ability to fit the rim I am more than happy to meet up and try it out.

Attachments

• 3A8AC398-16B5-4433-921F-57879C282CE1.jpeg
    3A8AC398-16B5-4433-921F-57879C282CE1.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: TheLocNar
Not the center, so far, just getting financing squared away last minute, since delivery was unexpectedly sprung on me. In hindsight I should have squared everything away sooner, but I didn’t think I’d be taking delivery before Oct.; with my luck I would have gotten approved, then my delivery pushed back until Nov and I’d have to jump through the hoops again, presumably with a lower score from the previous credit hits.

Financing with Allegacy has been a chore. Applied Thursday morning and was told the loan could be approved within 24 hours. Called back yesterday multiple times trying to get ahold of the loan officer asking if anything else was needed and that I’d like to have everything taken care of so I could drive down to SL this weekend. No reply. Called this morning asking the same question and was given to a new loan officer that requested a bunch of information, one document/email at a time, that I am sure I provided with the original application. Last I heard was my loan is in underwriting and that they couldn’t provide me with a preapproval letter to give my delivery advisor, instead the loan officer wants to do a verbal confirmation; not sure if Tesla is cool with that, we’ll see. Lightstream by comparison was super easy, almost too easy; we’ll see if the rate beat process is as easy.

With all that said, I can only fault Allegacy/Tesla for the poor communication. The fact this all happened right before a holiday weekend is just my typical bad luck. :(

Holy sh!t I didn't see that.

And holy sh!t that sucks.

This must be a new addition to the page, because it hasn’t always been there. I am picking my car up from my PPF installer on Friday and was going to stop by the service center to see if the 19” OEM wheels fit. Guess it’s a safe bet they won’t at this point, but I figure it’s worth giving it a try since I’ll be in the area. I’ll update the thread once I find out. :(

This must be a new addition to the page, because it hasn’t always been there. I am picking my car up from my PPF installer on Friday and was going to stop by the service center to see if the 19” OEM wheels fit. Guess it’s a safe bet they won’t at this point, but I figure it’s worth giving it a try since I’ll be in the area. I’ll update the thread once I find out. :(

@Goosby,

Please do!
I think they finally figured out it’s not compatible with their own 3mm lip on the PUO rotor hub. Crazy.

Ski

@Goosby,

Please do!
I think they finally figured out it’s not compatible with their own 3mm lip on the PUO rotor hub. Crazy.

Ski

Will do! I was hoping to have this done a while ago, but the service center is closed on Saturday when I originally picked up my car... and my PPF installer has taken a bit longer than originally thought.

Given I am not a handy person and haven’t had to put much thought into this before when changing a tire, I assume the only things I need too look for is to make sure the wheel is flush against the hub and the caliper fits, correct? I’ll try and take some pics to post if they’ll let me.

So my question is who exactly is the 19” winter package intended for? It doesn’t fit the +, who would usually be the ones to go minus one on a winter set. And it’s plus one for anyone with Aeros, which is sort of backwards for winter. And those with the 19” sport wheel already have this wheel, but want a second set of the exact same wheel for winter tires? Tesla couldn’t make this weirder if they tried.