Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone created a 'pre-warranty-expiration' checklist?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going in Saturday for my "4th" (actually 2nd since I drive 25K/yr) annual service. The service advisor told me "the 4th annual is very large as it's right before you go out of warranty and we want to check everything over just to be safe."

Not that I don't trust them, but it seems prudent for me to check what I can prior in order to minimize the chance of something being missed. My 70D has had virtually no problems since new so I'm hoping that doesn't change when the odometer hits 50K.... I'm not planning on purchasing the ESA.

Most expensive components--Main Battery and Drive Unit--are already covered for 8 years.

The rest are just second most expensive components and it's up to your lottery to have them working fine or broken after warranty.

17" display can cost as much as $4,000...

The 50K service includes the battery coolant flush, which is why its more expensive. I am going to be doing mine in about a month or so. Although it will be my "first" service since I bought the car as a CPO with 40K miles.

...The future tech repair is just way out of line.

I don't understand what's the hesitation for checking "everything over just to be safe".

A Tesla Roadster owner had the car thoroughly checked "over just to be safe" just before running out of warranty and prevented a future very expensive repair cost out of warranty:

Tesla Keeps Roadster Owner Happy, Rebuilds Car Before Warranty Ends

If the Roadster was still in extended warranty, I wouldn't want my Roadster to split apart while I would do a launch demo at high speed for friends and family.