Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone done a full WRAP on their new model S P85 yet? I have...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the brakes were relatively inexpensive at $375 through Globe Tire in Los Angeles, CA

No, No...just the actual brakes....you never want to highlight the parking brake! The nice thing is that they also somehow got me a TESLA logo decal for the brakes....just like Porsche!

Thanks so much for this...I'm not really a big "car mod" kind of guy, but I absolutely love the way your brakes look painted gloss red with the Tesla logo...Stunning! I'm going to see if I can have it done somewhere slightly closer to me, on my coast (I live in New York!), so any and all info is most helpful. When you say it was $375 for the brakes, was that per brake, or for all four? (I'm hoping all four!) And if it's possible, could you ask them where they got the Tesla logo stickers from? Thanks very much, and great work! If I was your boss, I would be downright pissed and super jealous...Thankfully, I'm a fellow Model S owner, and I can be on your side :)

Yes it was $375 for all 4 brake calipers and they told me that they can print any logo easily on their office ink jet printer (using blank vinyl decals) so I guess that it cant be too hard? And thank you for the compliments...!

Thanks so much for this...I'm not really a big "car mod" kind of guy, but I absolutely love the way your brakes look painted gloss red with the Tesla logo...Stunning! I'm going to see if I can have it done somewhere slightly closer to me, on my coast (I live in New York!), so any and all info is most helpful. When you say it was $375 for the brakes, was that per brake, or for all four? (I'm hoping all four!) And if it's possible, could you ask them where they got the Tesla logo stickers from? Thanks very much, and great work! If I was your boss, I would be downright pissed and super jealous...Thankfully, I'm a fellow Model S owner, and I can be on your side :)

@PorscheDealer, Who removed and painted the chrome parts for you to black and red for the Tesla logo? I have a Pearl White and did a Carbon Fiber wrap on all the plastic grey parts and fell in love with your setup. I need to get my Chrome painted and the logo in red after seeing that. I am still debating on body color for the nose cone or CF to match the base.

Ladies and Gentleman...here is my new car...from black to satin white pearl! The chrome pieces were removed and then painted gloss black with a clear coat finish...mirrors and rear diffuser in Carbon Fiber
PorscheDealer... Home Run! Love the black trim around the white nose cone and now the red logo tie-in with the red calipers!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having my chrome all wrapped in matte black by "affichage.ca" on the 30th of April. I can post pics of the results, or you can come see them at our next Orange Julep meet. :)
Whoa! That flooded back memories! When I was a kid, I used to visit my grandparents in Montreal and they used to take me to the Big Orange Julep (now called the Gibeau Orange Julep) off the Décarie Expressway!
What's in that BIG Orange Anyway?
I'm also having them do carbon fiber wrap on all the cheap plastic trim bits and on the nosecone.
My wrappers (not the Hip Hop Artist kind) told me that the vinyl would not stick well to the plastic trim bits for long. I saw that another poster had mentioned the same thing. I'm talking about the side skirts and the rear skirt that is just above the chrome at the bottom of the car. Is that what you meant PorscheDealer?

- - - Updated - - -

with performance graphite 20 wheels. Waiting, I'll share pics when I get the car.
I like those wheels, at least from the limited vantage that you gave us. When you get the wheels on, please post pictures on this thread;
unless PorscheDealer does not want you to hijack his thread in which case can you please (also) post them on "my" TMC thread
which is inconspicuously :wink:linked in my signature at the bottom of each of my posts.

I put a lot of thought into that chrome piece at the bottom of the rear diffuser and my thoughts in keeping it were two-fold...1) I wanted to bring the eyes down low so that the viewer would notice (hopefully) that there was NO exhaust on the car and 2) I wanted them to notice the carbon-fiber wrap as well. I thought that by keeping the chrome piece would achieve both of those things. I went back and forth on it over several days and thought that I can ALWAYS wrap it afterwards if I wanted to.

No, No...just the actual brakes....you never want to highlight the parking brake! The nice thing is that they also somehow got me a TESLA logo decal for the brakes....just like Porsche!

Why is it OK to paint the brake calipers and not the parking break? They both look like they are made out of the same material, and the both have logos on them (Tesla on the brake caliper, and the T on the parking break)...It would seem like the match anyway, so why wouldn't you paint both of them?

I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason, but from an aesthetic point of view, it seem like they want to match, whether you paint them, or leave them alone. Right? Wrong? I'm I the crazy one?!

My car got partially wrapped today. I haven't had a chance to clean it yet, but I'm very happy with the results. I've taken some preliminary pictures, but I'll take more once I get a chance to clean it.

The car used to be black and is still wrap. I just did some wrapping on some key parts, basically de-chroming the car. I know that @patp wanted to see the results.

I had the nosecone wrapped in CF vinyl. I had the rear bottom plastic bit (name escapes me right now) CF wrapped. I had the outermost chrome bit of the side mirrors CF wrapped. Then I had the rear Tesla chrome bar black wrapped, the chrome around the windows black wrapped, the door handles black wrapped/covered, and the chrome trim around the nosecone black wrapped.

Here are the pics:

DSC_0075-001.JPG

DSC_0076-001.JPG

DSC_0077-001.JPG

DSC_0078-001.JPG

What do you guys think?

My car got partially wrapped today. I haven't had a chance to clean it yet, but I'm very happy with the results. I've taken some preliminary pictures, but I'll take more once I get a chance to clean it.

The car used to be black and is still wrap. I just did some wrapping on some key parts, basically de-chroming the car. I know that @patp wanted to see the results.

I had the nosecone wrapped in CF vinyl. I had the rear bottom plastic bit (name escapes me right now) CF wrapped. I had the outermost chrome bit of the side mirrors CF wrapped. Then I had the rear Tesla chrome bar black wrapped, the chrome around the windows black wrapped, the door handles black wrapped/covered, and the chrome trim around the nosecone black wrapped.

What do you guys think?

I like it very much! Can you PM me the cost? Were they able to do it in one day? I would leave them my car during my next trip to Montreal. If you can post more pictures that would be appreciated.