Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone done the ceramic coating to the white seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ceramic Pro "interior CP leather" on all white seats and high impact areas. Very minimal use so far so I can't tell any difference, wouldn't even know it's on there. Planning on keeping clean with unscented baby wipes. Apparently old-school non-detergent soap is effective for tougher stains if that's ever necessary.

Not necessary. The seats already have coating from the factory which is why they clean so easily.

Another +1 on the Gyeon Leather Shield. I wear blue denim often. After 5+ months thus far, it's still white. Then again, I only have about 1700 miles total.

My seats look brand new after 10,000 miles wearing different jeans a lot and I have no aftermarket coating on mine. Just saying

It should be said that not all jeans seem to transfer.

Light blue jeans like these don’t seem to transfer, or if they do, it’s so slight and slow that just a quick wash down once a month or so is enough to keep it building up...

2B4922A0-0D86-4DB2-82CE-640E1C452A76.png

Dark blue started to transfer and build up visually on my white seats in about four to six days...

0263F8B9-8B54-4B7C-B73D-1F3F914EC3E3.png

Black jeans haven’t transferred at all... even when fairly new (I wash them at least once or twice before getting in the car). My dark blue ones I’ve washed at least ten times and they still transfer... hot water... cold water didn’t change it. Rub some standard white printer paper against the jeans, if it comes off with dye transfer than you’ll likely have that on the seats...

Reactions: olsookie