Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone done the ceramic coating to the white seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not necessary. The seats already have coating from the factory which is why they clean so easily.

My seats look brand new after 10,000 miles wearing different jeans a lot and I have no aftermarket coating on mine. Just saying
That's honestly good to hear. My other car has light beige seats and isn't coated. It turns quite blue from my jeans. It cleans off pretty easily though with just a damp cotton towel. I should probably add that I tend to wear darker blue jeans more often than lighter. The jeans that I have that are older, worn in, and lighter don't transfer dye on anything.

ty for the update. My main wonder is, if I already plan to wipe my seats regularly, does it make sense to apply Gyeon?

I would say that scenario would require more applications of Gyeon.

The seats are said to come with their own protective coating, so if you are wiping them regularly, you are going to wear through that coating. You'll need to reapply a protective coating on a regular basis.

I would say that scenario would require more applications of Gyeon.

The seats are said to come with their own protective coating, so if you are wiping them regularly, you are going to wear through that coating. You'll need to reapply a protective coating on a regular basis.
ty for the update. My main wonder is, if I already plan to wipe my seats regularly, does it make sense to apply Gyeon?

What TLLMRRJ says. I think the Gyeon provides yet another layer to help with making the seats easier to clean rather than outright preventing staining in the first place (though it may reduce how easily dye could transfer from your jeans for example). It's supposed to help prevent stains from setting in, but as you wipe, it'll wear off over time and require another coating for maintenance.

Last edited:
I’m glad this is being discussed because I want to ask the same question. This is a picture of my white rear seat on the day I collected my new car! I definitely need ceramic coating!
25DA33C7-D746-4F6A-8759-25FBEA34723E.jpeg