Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone driven to Cabo San Lucas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took this photo, in the back side of the cars, you can see the tesla chargers
Oye! German, that looks like the chargers at the Audi dealership in your picture. Are they open to the public? In the background is a picture of the Fresko Supermarket under construction, but it is open now and a VERY nice store.

I will return to Casa del Mar en Cabo Real in May. I will send you a PM when I make my schedule and we should get together and "test" your new model 3 on the Carretera (cuidado por los pinche Federales ;)).

suerte amigo

Are there still a lot of potholes on the road? I remember going to Hilton Cabo back in 2013 and rented a car. There were so many potholes on the road from airport to the hotel and from the hotel to Cabo. Also nobody stops at the stop signs. We asked the people at the hotel why and they said "Oh those stop signs? They just put them up last year because of the G20 summit. They are more of a suggestion than a requirement". So I ended up doing extreme California rolling stop at the stop signs to not get rear ended!
Your best bet is to take the toll road from the airport and bypass the traffic mess in San Jose. Toll cost is about US$2.

Mexico is NOT like driving in the US. They have totally different rules of the road. Stop signs are merely suggested, not obligatory. Driver beware in all circumstances. We have driven in Mexico enough that we are totally comfortable with what is to be expected. My wife can drive like a Mexican with the best of them and has no apprehension about driving into town by herself.

I have driven to los cabos about 10 times I've been eyeballing this trip for some time. as of right now we don't have any supercharger support. however there are enough destination chargers on the way too make it. my plan is to buy the Tesla pickup when it comes out and make the drive. I will document the entire trip on my youtube channel but unfortunately I will need to wait a couple years.