Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Anyone Else Gone Anti-Stealth Model 3???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
trust me guys, it was expensive to source the parts and install costs...any smart person wouldn't do this lol...but this isn't about practicality this is about getting what you want...like who "needs" after mkt exhausts, coilovers, or even new wheels ?...nobody!!...while getting performance pkg would be smarter move from get go, I didn't like those wheels hence I would have spent a lot replacing those wheels/tires anyway...and I didn't know I was going to keep this car as I am on list for model Y performance.

And while I would buy the software upgrade if available in the future, do we really need that when our cars are doing 0-60 in 3.9 now?..prob not...but who am I kidding, I'd get it anyway!

sourcing the OEM performance brakes wasn't that bad on ebay...but it was really expensive..almost like buying brembos...I have a thread on this if you search...the rears were a PITA cause unless you have the harness(which isn't easy to fund), you will throw codes and it won't work.

Software upgrade isn't going to happen. If you want "Performance" performance, buy a Performance.

That's too bad. i think they are missing a great opportunity. Would love to be able to login to my account, click on Performance Software package, buy it, download it, and enjoy it.

I should have waited a few months and gotten the performance when the price dropped to close to what I paid for my AWD LR.

• Informative
Reactions: MRGEDU
sure nobody "needs" perf brakes unless they track but they also dont need perf brakes(calipers) if you swap to aggressive pads and change brake fluid for the track too...btw, does anyone "need" the performance software?

I'd say you only need the performance software on track, but that's the same as needing the performance brakes so i think that's why you don't see many people doing what you're doing.

Kbecks, i know the track guys like to justify upgraded BBK brakes by going to the track(which i used to do myself in the past), but lets not kid ourselves...its all about cooling and preventing fade and things like brake pads, upgraded brake fluid and air duct kit will make way more of a difference than calipers and rotors...and trust me Ive swapped it out both ways...and if you want to stop faster and wider and stickier tires will do that.

And I need the performance software every single time I get on the freeway on ramp haha!...:)

Most(like 90%) people who have BBK's and coilovers dont need them, they have them cause it makes them happy and it looks good...not unlike many luxuries people buy....jhmo.

Reactions: Knightshade
Most(like 90%) people who have BBK's and coilovers dont need them, they have them cause it makes them happy and it looks good...not unlike many luxuries people buy....jhmo.

Very true! The one aspect of the performance software that i wish Tesla would give to all cars isn't even the traction/stability control portion, it's the motor cooling. Track Mode does a fantastic job of keeping everything from overheating and prevent power fade and it would be great if regular cars could get some of that love.