Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone else got this email from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an email from Tesla says they will upgrade 8G MCU1 to a 64 G MCU1 free of charge if you are experiencing malfunction

Attachments

• 4A0BEB1C-1D40-4D87-9027-343BAFE71ACF.png
    4A0BEB1C-1D40-4D87-9027-343BAFE71ACF.png
    453.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
I got an email yesterday related to something slightly different "Your Tesla Model S/X is now eligible to receive a no charge hardware update to the Autopilot control module via a visit from a mobile technician". I'm assuming this one is for only if you have FSD.

Or what if you upgraded to MCU2 before your MCU1 outright failed?

You get nothing unless Tesla diagnosed your MCU1 as failing before the Infotainment Upgrade per their information:

I opted to purchase the Infotainment Upgrade, will I receive reimbursement from Tesla? 
If you paid for Tesla’s Infotainment Upgrade after Tesla Service diagnosed that your vehicle’s eMMC was malfunctioning due to accumulated wear, you may be eligible for reimbursement up to the cost of the 8GB eMMC repair available at the time of your upgrade.

More information on reimbursement eligibility, terms and conditions, and how to request reimbursements will be available by or before February 2021.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
I received an email from Tesla says they will upgrade 8G MCU1 to a 64 G MCU1 free of charge if you are experiencing malfunction
I got the same email. I took delivery of my X in July 2017, so the potential for chip failure is definitely there. This change of policy by Tesla is certainly welcome, but they should have done it a year ago.

Note that to get that upgrade your current memory chip has to fail.

Yeah, I guess I meant the infotainment upgrade since I have an MCU 2. For these type of replacements, does anybody know or have experience with Tesla offering something similar to a discount for an upgrade a warranty item? The infotainment upgrade is 2500 and was wondering if it would be worth asking since its already in the SC or if there is a slight chance I get an early Xmas present from tesla with free upgrade