Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone experience with the COzero dash cam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was found on the Teslarati site as well as TMC. Dashcam for Model X AP2 – COzero International

It looks interesting but has little information on the camera itself, namely resolution and such. Installation looks very easy and integrates into the mirror housing.

Does anyone have any practical experience with it? What does WLAN -> iOS mean? I assume it may mean that it connects wirelessly somehow to an iPhone? Thanks for your comments.

WLAN -> iOS mean
WLAN = wireless lan ..most dash cams have a direct wireless connection to a phone to download videos , configure cam etc ...in practical use u want a cam to connect to a wireless hotspot in car so u can always view coverage ..I use a BlackVue so can’t commrnt on quality of that cam

I bought one. It is "on" only when when car is powered up.
Front view only.
Resolution is 720 or so...ok, but no HD.

Integrates perfectly into the car, though, which is nice.

And it only pairs up with your phone via app. No internet connectivity. Bluetooth only to your phone.

There is a microSD slot so you can have continuous loop recording and 'save' a clip if something should happen that you don't want erased.

I view it as 'emergency only' insurance...if something happens in front of me while I'm driving...LOL..
pretty limited use, I know.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
It seems that if one's main concern is to have a chance at documenting a driving event, "OK" resolution may be sufficient. If one wants to document a road trip for a future travel-log, this cam is not appropriate. Its inexpensive and, as pointed out above, simple to install requiring no extra wiring and integrates into the rear view mirror, nothing else to clutter the dash or windshield. It may be suitable for me. Still considering.

Reactions: P85_DA