Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone figured out how to remove the Premium Center Console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Works great. If you are handy and have a #1 phillips screw driver it takes about half an hour to do the swap. It took me less than an hour while taking photos and making bad videos. But it is really just unclipping the two sides, removing 4 screws and lifting the old one out. Then vacuum. Then press in the EVamped unit. I'll make another post with photos of the process.

1st, remove the two screws from above the USB ports.
IMG_2524.JPG

Then pop off the sides of the console. Each side is held on with (supposedly) 7 clips. Just push the top out and use a screw driver to pry the bottoms ones out.

IMG_2545.JPG
IMG_2547.JPG

Then remove the screw with the big washer from each side (at the top, just left of center)
IMG_2548.JPG

Then "gently" shove the unit forward until you have some space at the back and lift it out, back edge first. Be careful not to scrape the arm rest.

Then you vacuum, and in my case, clean out dropped parking tags from previous owner. Then just press-fit the EVamped unit into place pushing down and forward to clear the power port.

This is the "Low" unit that sits below the USB and 12V. They also have a "Tall" unit that covers them. Oh, and I got the USB ports as an option.

IMG_2560.JPG
IMG_2571.JPG
IMG_2572.JPG

I have a RHD Model S and can’t get past the ‘shove it forward’ stage. There is no space between the unit and the front of the yacht floor, on the right hand side. Oddly, on the left hand side there is enough space to fit a few fingers between unit and vehicle, but the right side is nearly flush. The unit doesn’t appear to be skewed. Has anyone seen this before?

1st, remove the two screws from above the USB ports.
View attachment 270255

Then pop off the sides of the console. Each side is held on with (supposedly) 7 clips. Just push the top out and use a screw driver to pry the bottoms ones out.

View attachment 270256 View attachment 270257

Then remove the screw with the big washer from each side (at the top, just left of center)
View attachment 270258

Then "gently" shove the unit forward until you have some space at the back and lift it out, back edge first. Be careful not to scrape the arm rest.

Then you vacuum, and in my case, clean out dropped parking tags from previous owner. Then just press-fit the EVamped unit into place pushing down and forward to clear the power port.

This is the "Low" unit that sits below the USB and 12V. They also have a "Tall" unit that covers them. Oh, and I got the USB ports as an option.

View attachment 270259 View attachment 270260 View attachment 270261
Is the process the same for Model X center console ?