Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone got 2023 Vin allocated for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a Vin this morning. PF590. White/white, no FSD or tow package. 2023 from Fremont. I had to review the "no USS", thus the waiver required reading. OD 11/16/21, EDD 11/16-11/25.
Assuming it will have the improved cameras, cargo cover, door trim, etc. Most likely no Matrix head lights or rear seat extention.

Upvote 0
What is USS again. What does it do? why do we need (or not) it?
Thanks
The ultrasonic sensors. Uses high frequency sound to detect objects. Tesla is moving to cameras only to sense the environment around it. Not everyone is thrilled about the approach. Tesla engineers are convinced it will work better, because the AI won't have to deal with "conflicting" information between two types of sensors.

Upvote 0
So when did Tesla stop using USS? Can anyone attest that cameras work better? I am from the "Show me State"
They started producing vehicles without USS in October. Deliveries are currently mixed between vehicles that still have them and those that don't.

As far as attesting that the camera-only approach works better, you'd have to go to the Tesla engineers. That's their claim. Personally, I'd rather have more instrumentation and sensors, rather than less, as that seems more safety-conscious, however, I don't design the things. Hopefully they know what they're doing. Time will tell, I suppose.

Upvote 0