Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone gotten curb rash without hitting a curb?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone gotten curb rash without hitting a curb? Happened on my new car on the driver side. I don’t think I ever hit a curb. I’m super carefully with my new car.

I’m wondering if a big pot hole or something could have caused it.

Has anyone gotten curb rash without hitting a curb? Happened on my new car on the driver side. I don’t think I ever hit a curb. I’m super carefully with my new car.

I’m wondering if a big pot hole or something could have caused it.
You bought a used 2019 model 3, like 2 months ago, right? You posted this in October of 2022:

Ordered a used Model 3 last week. Shipping from Lathrop to Chicago. Said 2-3 weeks for shipping.

Has anyone else done this? How was your experience?

I’m having trouble getting a hold of my sales rep. I’m hoping closer to 2 weeks since I think California to Chicago is basically 100% train.

So, perhaps it was there when you bought the car? Curb rash is very common on these cars. Occams razor says that "the simplest answer is likely the correct one". If you dont remember hitting a curb, the most likely thing is that the previous owner(s) did.

Upvote 1
Uberturbine Aero Covers
here is a thread talking about the wheel cover, I got mine from Yeslak
Lol, all that does is shift the repair work from the rims to the wheel covers. What you really need is rims that don't protrude so far out that the rims hit the curb before the tire sidewalls do, because sidewalls don't get damaged nearly as easily.

Upvote 0