Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone gotten service for their AC not being as cool as before?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my 3 for nearly 4 years. I keep the temp at 68 degrees but for the past few months the AC hasn’t been blowing cool air as much as it did back when I first got the car.

Wondering if anyone got their AC serviced and was it covered by warranty?

I’ve had my 3 for nearly 4 years. I keep the temp at 68 degrees but for the past few months the AC hasn’t been blowing cool air as much as it did back when I first got the car.

Wondering if anyone got their AC serviced and was it covered by warranty?
I imagine if it's broken (fan, compressor...) then it's covered.

However, if it only needs routine maintenance like filters, Freon refills... then no.

Reactions: tfan2018
Agreed, if it’s maintenance related then I would venture to guess the SC will charge you.

Maybe try re-charging with refrigerant? The ac system can be recharged similar to an ICE vehicle, the only hurdle is that the recharge port is under the frunk, so you’ll have to remove the frunk bin (not too big a deal 6-7 10mm bolts, plenty of vids on YT)

I would recommend a can with a built in pressure gauge to monitor the fill level and prevent overfill.

Might cost you around $50-60 for DIY as opposed to $300+ at the SC if it’s not warranty related.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: tfan2018