Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone gotten their $3.5K back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many buyers suffer from Forum Induced Anxiety (FIA). They order a product that they expect to be perfect in every way, then reports come out from people complaining about this and that. They want that perfect product, but begin to worry that they will be satisfied, and perhaps get one with problems.

While some complain that the first Model 3's had a firm ride, others thought it was perfect. They wanted that sports car nimble handling. Some complained about a uncomfortable back seat, while others could care less, as they will never ride back there. The low back seat gives great headroom, but can be a bit uncomfortable for those with long legs.

Tesla charges a non refundable fee to combat people that are prone to change their minds easily. They need a solid commitment from people ordering, as each Tesla is built to a certain specification that the customer configures. When they build that car they want to be sure that the customer is actually going to take delivery. They spend a ton making the car, shipping the car, inspecting the car, doing all the paperwork and budgeting for payment to be made. This is why the deposit is refundable before configuration, but not after.

Wish I could give you the answer that you want to hear, but when you "pull the trigger" you cannot change your mind and put the bullet back into the gun.

Call Tesla they will tell you. I am not thrilled waiting longer but I waited 2 years already what is 4-6 more weeks. I am not thrilled about giving more money to Tesla until I get a car. However, this is the process, I knew once I submitted my design my $2500 was not refundable. Delivery times are estimates.

I once ordered a GMC truck that I was told could take up to 3 months. I waited, life went on and one day the vehicle showed up. I get why people get frustrated, but to cancel a vehicle or reservation because it will take a bit longer doesn't make sense. Especially because you waited 2 years to purchase the vehicle already.

Call Tesla they will tell you. I am not thrilled waiting longer but I waited 2 years already what is 4-6 more weeks. I am not thrilled about giving more money to Tesla until I get a car. However, this is the process, I knew once I submitted my design my $2500 was not refundable. Delivery times are estimates.

I once ordered a GMC truck that I was told could take up to 3 months. I waited, life went on and one day the vehicle showed up. I get why people get frustrated, but to cancel a vehicle or reservation because it will take a bit longer doesn't make sense. Especially because you waited 2 years to purchase the vehicle already.

I ordered a custom (unusual, hard to resell) 2014 Z/28 SN xxxx0286 out of 498?
Due to no fault of the dealer, Chevrolet was 6 months late.

The dealer apologized profusely, and smiled when he gave me my deposit back.

That's because dealers suck, and mail-order commodity cars with a waiting list can't be resold. The dealer sat on that car for months, and sold it at under MSRP. Why? What kind of sick puppy orders a white car with no air-conditioning or radio? Black was in fashion and everybody wanted the slower AC/Radio car. Last laugh was on them, on desert tracks, the AC cars were showing signs of overheating sometimes and the AC Delete cars were not.

I don't believe CR were testing an early car and found the ride to be stiff.
early.PNG

Reactions: bhzmark
I don't believe CR were testing an early car and found the ride to be stiff. People have said that recent cars are not as stiff as original, but still stiffer than most in the class (if luxury performance sedan is the class).

I own a Model 3 and find the ride to not be "stiff". My friend, who owns a brand new Mercedes C-Class, found the ride in the Tesla to be smoother than his car.

• Informative
Reactions: ponzu and EinSV
[QUOTE="ponzu, post: 2757480, member: 75626"
I don't want to talk to Tesla because I am not asking for my money back. I am asking the community about the experience anyone might have had.[/QUOTE]

My experience is that if you violate the terms of the contract, you will lose the $3500 you placed for them to build the car for you.