Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone gotten this error message before?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for advice on what to do, thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-3369.jpg
    IMG-3369.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 102
Looking for advice on what to do, thanks!
Most likely it's the TPMS controller that has failed when you see this as opposed to just a single TPMS failure. Based on the older style gauge cluster I'd guess that you're still on a Gen 1 controller and TPMS so if you take this opportunity to upgrade to the Gen 2 of both you can get the individual pressure of each tire displayed on the gauge cluster which is a very handy piece of info IMHO.

Yes! Just got it resolved 2 days ago after having the warning for 2 weeks.
Solution: I had 1 bad TPMS sensor on the left rear wheel of my MX replaced at Discount Tire.

Symptoms: the reasons I thought it was an overall system fault were a) it occurred immediately after a firmware update, and b) I was getting no pressure readings on any tire.
But, it turned out that if I drove continuously at highway speeds for 20 minutes, 3 of the 4 wheels showed a pressure reading. I took the 4th wheel to Discount Tire, and had them put on a new sensor, even after they told me that only Tesla sensors will work in a Tesla (I have snow tires with TireRack sensors that work just fine). The fault light cleared immediately.

So, it appears that if one sensor goes bad, there is a significant 15 to 20 minute delay while driving for the good sensors to start showing a reading. That is what led me to wrongly believe I had a bigger issue.