Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone gotten V9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would really like to hear from the people Elon said got kicked out of the beta....
Uh, I didn't get kicked out as I was never in; however, I had the opportunity to join about 8 months ago on one of our cars. I became disinterested when I saw a couple of the requirements I didn't want to do. One of them being to stop using one of my apps. I realize there are a bunch of people who would gladly do whatever is necessary to be in the EA, yet I prefer to continue doing what I do instead of being a lab rat and giving up things I like. I don't know anyone that got kicked out, but it can happen easily if guidelines are not followed. I appreciate the people that are taking the time (and some risk) to test the system. I just don't want to be one of them. And actually, I'm not going to download it when it is first available. I'm going to wait and see what comes out of it.

Uh, I didn't get kicked out as I was never in; however, I had the opportunity to join about 8 months ago on one of our cars. I became disinterested when I saw a couple of the requirements I didn't want to do. One of them being to stop using one of my apps. I realize there are a bunch of people who would gladly do whatever is necessary to be in the EA, yet I prefer to continue doing what I do instead of being a lab rat and giving up things I like. I don't know anyone that got kicked out, but it can happen easily if guidelines are not followed. I appreciate the people that are taking the time (and some risk) to test the system. I just don't want to be one of them. And actually, I'm not going to download it when it is first available. I'm going to wait and see what comes out of it.
As soon as I hear of it being released I think I'll be start trying out setting the update slider to Standard instead of Advanced :D

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Can you tell us more about the requirements to participate? Which app would you have had to stop using? I would love to be part of the beta and have always been curious how they selected participants and what limitations Tesla places on them.

Can you tell us more about the requirements to participate? Which app would you have had to stop using? I would love to be part of the beta and have always been curious how they selected participants and what limitations Tesla places on them.
It's a good question. I'll answer by saying, at this time, even if you were willing to meet the requirements to participate, you can't just volunteer. You would need to be selected. You're in a group of thousands wanting to try this stuff out. Most are employees, some consultants, or "special connections". Perhaps you know that. Your first experience with it will most certainly be when it goes to wide release. I like your enthusiasm. I guess you have more time and risk comfort than I do to test this stuff. :) Perhaps you would like to volunteer for the first trip to Mars on Elon's first mission? ;) (just a joke, no sarcasm intended).

Reactions: T-Mom