Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone had a problem with the map not orienting itself after making a turn?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had this problem with my 2020 Model 3 almost since the beginning. After making a turn, the map does not re-orient itself
so that the orange car icon is pointing up. I have the map display in the correct mode.

I recently had my car in for a recall service and told them about the issue. They were not able to duplicate the problem.
On the way home from that service, the same problem happened. I've attached a screenshot showing that issue.

Note how the orange car icon is pointing to the right, instead of pointing up.

This problem is intermittent too.

I have another service scheduled, but the estimate shows $128. I don't want to have to pay for his issue, the car is still under warranty.
I am thinking of cancelling the appointment, since I doubt they will be able to duplicate the problem again.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-6412.jpg
    IMG-6412.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 162
There are also two map modes: Heading Up and North Up. If you have the map set to North Up, the map will not auto-rotate when the car changes direction.

But I think MP3Mike is correct in this case, because the compass (vaguely SSE) doesn't match the (E) arrow direction.