Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone had issues with MVPA from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in my account under "documents" I now have FIVE MVPA documents... but only ONE of them actually loads anything. It's one that was generated on 8/1/19 and is not accurate (we have a sales tax exemption that just got loaded into Tesla's system on Aug 5th).

I can't figure out if they keep hitting a button to generate a MVPA and it just adds a new one to documents but then errors out on their backend or something, but I've called the store three times and they tell me "their documents people" will get on it and it should take a couple hours. I don't get an email from them or anything and it's driving me insane, it's been three days of this and I just want to get my documents to my credit union so I can submit payment to Tesla...

Should they be able to generate one while I'm on the phone and email me it? Has anyone had the issue of multiple MVPA's showing up in their Tesla account but none of them can open correctly? (Just points me to a blank page and nothing ever loads)

It's taken 13 MVPA to be generated before my numbers are accurate. I requested this yesterday and there was no movement on it. I called again today at 9:30 am and just twenty minutes or so ago I got the final accurate MVPA. This still feels far less painful then a normal dealership (since I haven't had to be there all day and instead mainly over emails and short five minute calls) but holy cow Tesla could stream line this a lot more. Their system seems really limited and a little backwards....

It appears that Tesla can only input how much you want to finance in the system. Then if there are any after the fact credits or tax exemptions that does NOT change the financed amount, it'll just change any amount that was left as a customer down payment.

This caused a bit of issues for me since I did plan to still put down an additional down payment, but the Washington state sales tax exemption is a point of sale exemption and not claimed after the fact. Washington customers will need to do the math themselves to factor in the exemption amount and figure out what their financed amount should be, then tell Tesla that and if the total after the exemption is more then the financed amount, that becomes the customer down payment.