TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Has anyone here converted level 1 to level 2 Chevy Volt or Nissan Leaf EVSE's?

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by TOBASH, Jul 5, 2015.

1. TOBASH

TOBASH Member

I have a few EVSE's and I'm considering doing a conversion on several of them to make them both level 1 and level 2 EVSE's. Specifically I have a Chevy Volt EVSE and a Nissan Leaf EVSE that should be compatible for upgrade conversion. I also have a couple of Lear units meant for Smart Cars, but I'm not aware of an upgrade for them (yet).

Anyone here done this before?

Best,

T

2. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

I paid for EVSEUpgrade to make a 240V Leaf EVSE for my Volt, back before the Clipper Creek line existed. I haven't had any issues, but I also never fiddled with the hardware myself.

3. MyJoule

MyJoule Member

I believe the owner of EVSEUpgrade is also a member here- his name is Ingineer he did the Leaf EVSEupgrade for a friend of mine, and it worked well- I also had him do the climate control heater disable for my old Leaf- which also worked well- and he's currently assisting the resurrection of a reclaimed Model S- the guy is good! I don't know if he does the Volt conversion- but you could ask him- IIRC his prices for the EVSEUpgrades are quite reasonable.

4. arnolddeleon

arnolddeleon Member

5. Leland

Leland Member

I had evseupgrade convert our original 2011 Nissan Level 1 EVSE to Level 2 when we first got our Leaf back in 2011. It worked flawlessly with the Leaf, BMW ActiveE and 500e's. The 2011 Nissan EVSE will not work with Tesla powered vehicles.