Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone here decided they will sell or trade-in their Tesla for the CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if I’m alone in my sentiments. I’ve got a 2020 M3P+ and let me be clear I love my car, but I can’t realistically own both of them. I also just can’t help but feel like the CyberTruck would be so much more practical for me. I’m often going into the mountains in my M3P and treat it like a work truck pretty much. My wheels are still in perfect shape though! I would love to be able to get back into a M3, Y or even S at a later date though, but Elon’s claims of these cars not being affordable eventually and how the prices have fluctuated in the past has me all sorts of reluctant to sell the car now in preparation for the CT. I know how ridiculously that all sounds reading it, but I was wondering if anyone felt the same way or similar. Cheers.

I don’t see it being anywhere near 2023 release.
I think they’ll in full roll out by this time next year.
I hope your right but...

let’s see.

factory to complete
people to train
test vehicles needed.
crash test
batteries.
did I mention batteries.
exterior mirrors
round steering wheel
batteries. Wait. I said that already
government approvals
real world testing
dot approved tires
I don’t know. Probably a ton more I forgot.

Yea I’ve done a bit of research into its market value , I’m at 20k in mileage and it’s still holding value pretty well. I’m also wondering how these used market prices are affected by the MSRP, since they keep going up.
Tesla offered me like thousands less then carvana and the hyundai dealer i ended up going with. (My 2019 dual motor with acceleration boost and basic AP and 13k miles got me 39.4k from the hyundai dealer.)

It was 52k new.

And that was when considering trading for the Y. These other places just bought it from me.

If you decide to keep it. refinancing it will lower your monthly but it will also raise the amount you still owe when the time comes to trade it because youre paying it off slower.

Weigh your options. for me, I am saving like 600+ per month after having taken the plunge and selling it.

It's honestly surpising that tesla is so stingy with trade in value because they are gonna strip the car of upgrades and make the new buyer re-buy them anyway.

If you are considering it. Post it on craigslist or something for a price that you think is worth it. If it sells, awesome, if not, you were gonna hold onto it anyway.

Keeping my Model 3s and giving it to the kids when the CT is available. Selling a Tesla is always a lost of future money. I think these cars can go 500,000+ miles. I don't think my kids will ever need to buy a car for a very long time given both Model 3s will have FSD (can't wait for Tesla to activate it) and the car will run for many trouble free years.

Reactions: dreamgt