Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone in the UK got Smart Summon to work?????!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I have a performace X, 3rd gen Autopilot, 6 months old and have tried everything I can think of to get Smart Summon to work.

I know ALL the limitations and am always within the circle on the app; it plots a sensible route to me and i keep my finger pressed on the icon. The Tesla wakes up, the headlights come on and then, without fail, the app says 'the key fob is not in range'.

1) It happens it I am standing next to the car.

2) It happens if I leave my keys next to the car.

3) It happens if I stanbd at a distance that would make the (very slow) function worthwhile.

Does anyone in the UK have a better experience than me? if so, please share what you do!!

Thank you

Andrew

The Fob battery could be low. My new MX came with two fobs who‘s batteries where almost depleted. They have been lying on the shelve for too long and the fob, and therefore the battery is always active so it simply slowly drained over many months i guess.

Check the voltage of the battery, get a new one if needed.

Hi Andy_1205,

Fob low can still open the door.

I do not use summon BUT I have had many problems with the fobs.
It is a very different situation sensing the bluetooth from the fob to open the door
than to complete a CONTINUOUS link to control the car.

The fob range for me varies from 12-15 feet or 4 to 5 meters - to sense my approach
before opening the door.

A repeat of my question - Have you tried BOTH fobs? - one at a time or together?
The measured voltage of the battery should be above 3.275 volts...

VERY DIFFERENT OPENING THE DOOR AND DRIVING THE VEHICLE...

Please try and respond to suggestions.

Thank you,

Shawn

Dear Shawn

I have tried it with the other key which has a brand new battery in and it has the same result. Standing no more than 20 feet away, the app connects, Smart Summon starts and then the app says the key fob is not in range of the car. If I place the key fob next to the car and stand 20 feet away, it also fails as I mentioned in my original post.

What is the point of having smart summon if you have to be within key range of the car? Surely it should work if you engage keyless driving as you do not need the fob then??

I am beginning to wonder if it is a UK issue whcih is why I am asking if anyone in the UK has managed to get it to work yet....

What should I try next?

Andrew

Hi Andy_1205,

Thank you for testing your other fob.
I don't have any secrets, it's just that I have had some problems
with my fobs and thought it might be a worthwhile test for you.

The above linked article says that the summon is limited to 6 meters...
There is also a petition to get that changed.

Sorry - Good luck,

Shawn