Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone installed Unplugged Performance's refresh front fascia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates?

I can tell you from first hand experience, it's a PITA to get that thing on, not because it's not built right, but because it's such a tight fit. Once on there, it looks factory, and frankly in my case better than factory as the panels never lined up quite right in the first place. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Just expect that there's a little work to get it to seat on there correctly (took me about an hour).

• Love
Reactions: tyler2323
Ordered front fascia from Unplugged Performance last week Thursday morning. Credit Card was charged, but no confirmation email (or any email) as of yet. Emailed them to ask for a status on Friday. Will give them until EOD Tuesday or will dispute transaction with my issuing bank. Not off to a great start.

Ordered front fascia from Unplugged Performance last week Thursday morning. Credit Card was charged, but no confirmation email (or any email) as of yet. Emailed them to ask for a status on Friday. Will give them until EOD Tuesday or will dispute transaction with my issuing bank. Not off to a great start.
They have a decent track record on TMC and I'm sure they will deliver. :cool:
Can you take a few photos of the new T-grill insert they provide - thanks!

Apologies for the delay. Based on your username I can guess which order is yours. Most of the team is just returning from Tokyo Auto Salon and getting caught up on orders/emails.We are a very small business (fewer than 20 of us) and we are not open on weekends. At this point the transaction is showing as pending in our system so the card has not been charged yet. It looks like you previously emailed with my colleague here. He will be reaching out to you today and we will get your order processed right away. Sorry for the wait and we appreciate your patience.

Reactions: NoirMS and Olds442
I installed last year. Generally very happy with the appearance but the fit under the centre of both headlights is not good. The saving grace is that the issue is symmetrical. The fascia should be flush with the headlight but it is not. It protrudes a good 3/4 inch. With the really hot weather we have been having, the fascia softened sufficiently for me to be able to push it into correct position, but it pops straight out again.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
144CBCF8-D1BB-48A3-B6D0-BB00E84CD7C1.jpeg
10D4ED11-A75A-4C05-9B81-4E3EB290126B.jpeg
Dborn do you have a picture? I am wanting to do a front end swap... Just haven't decided if I will go with unplugged.. tsport or the much less expsenvie... oem route with custom grill.

Done by a body shop, but not an approved shop. Nevertheless it was a high end shop.
Can you please tell me what you did to get it to lie flat? Thanks!

Happy to help with my experience. I cinched everything down on the passenger side, this included completely bolting down the inner fender well, and fastening all the fasteners. I then worked my way around to the driver side. It was VERY tight and took some time to get everything to seat properly. Once it did I was able to bolt/fasten down everything on the passenger side. I initially tried to install it starting at the middle and had a very similar issue with the bumper not seating under the headlights. Once I did it as I described above, no more issue. Took about 2 hours or so to get it, but once I figured it out, no more issue. Fitment is INSANELY tight - better than factory IMO, but that also means it's a little harder to get bolted up there right.

That fit issue is really unacceptable for a $3,000 part ... I just scratched Unplugged from my list :cool:

Dude I've read every thread on this part/company from 2016 on; you've done nothing but birch about them from the first post. We get it, you don't like them. Every time a single issue pops up you complain it's not worthy of "Tesla quality" and you're amazed anyone would buy this uber expensive part, yet UP seems to step up and explain the issue, and offer a solution. Or as above in your recent post an owner found the solution.

Make sure that your installer repositions the Exterior Temperature Sensor to the lower grill. If it is left in the stock position it will be inaccurate reading 10 to 15 degrees high. I will have to do my installation over in order to correct this. $$$$

Reactions: DavidB
Happy to help with my experience. I cinched everything down on the passenger side, this included completely bolting down the inner fender well, and fastening all the fasteners. I then worked my way around to the driver side. It was VERY tight and took some time to get everything to seat properly. Once it did I was able to bolt/fasten down everything on the passenger side. I initially tried to install it starting at the middle and had a very similar issue with the bumper not seating under the headlights. Once I did it as I described above, no more issue. Took about 2 hours or so to get it, but once I figured it out, no more issue. Fitment is INSANELY tight - better than factory IMO, but that also means it's a little harder to get bolted up there right.

This is exactly correct. The urethane material is pretty pliable so if the load is spread correctly across the fascia it will sit flush to the headlights. When we install here it typically requires two techs. One to spread the load and push the fascia towards the fender and the other to tighten the fasteners.

Make sure that your installer repositions the Exterior Temperature Sensor to the lower grill. If it is left in the stock position it will be inaccurate reading 10 to 15 degrees high. I will have to do my installation over in order to correct this. $$$$

Very true. We have only seen this issue 1 other time but have now included it in our install manual just to be safe. I sent you a PM and we are happy to help get this resolved.

Reactions: nobznss

UPDATE:
3+ weeks passed and fascia still has not shipped. I was contacted a couple of times stating it would ship in the next couple of days, but status on their website shows that the order is still on hold. Just a heads up for those looking to order, you may see delays. Ordering process does not disclose any backorder or delays required to get order ready. Certainly some opportunity for them to improve the customer experience.

I know they have a decent following on this forum, so please don’t kill the messenger, just reciting the facts about my experience for others to be prepared (as I was not).

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Dude I've read every thread on this part/company from 2016 on; you've done nothing but birch about them from the first post. We get it, you don't like them. Every time a single issue pops up you complain it's not worthy of "Tesla quality" and you're amazed anyone would buy this uber expensive part, yet UP seems to step up and explain the issue, and offer a solution. Or as above in your recent post an owner found the solution.

You may have a reading comprehension issue ... the truth will set you free :cool:

They have a decent track record on TMC and I'm sure they will deliver. :cool:
Can you take a few photos of the new T-grill insert they provide - thanks!

Reactions: HankLloydRight
UPDATE:
3+ weeks passed and fascia still has not shipped. I was contacted a couple of times stating it would ship in the next couple of days, but status on their website shows that the order is still on hold. Just a heads up for those looking to order, you may see delays. Ordering process does not disclose any backorder or delays required to get order ready. Certainly some opportunity for them to improve the customer experience.

I know they have a decent following on this forum, so please don’t kill the messenger, just reciting the facts about my experience for others to be prepared (as I was not).

Part shipped yesterday :) - I will provide additional updates after install - crossing my fingers.

On a related note; does anyone know if lighted T will work with the UP front fascia and if so which version?

Part shipped yesterday :) - I will provide additional updates after install - crossing my fingers.

On a related note; does anyone know if lighted T will work with the UP front fascia and if so which version?
I have the lighted T on my UP. It required me to pre drill the hole for the wires, but otherwise the panel shop simply switched over the chrome T emblem on top of that.