Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone just had their car repainted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like it would be cheaper than full body PPF wrap? And you could use real paint. I don’t need my car to be perfect, but holy cow! I’m pretty sure the thing just scratches for sport! And it is the sides of mine that are getting banged up. I assume from brushing it with my clothes (nothing sharp) when walking past in the garage. Would ceramic coat help this?

Reactions: djroberts
Seems like it would be cheaper than full body PPF wrap? And you could use real paint. I don’t need my car to be perfect, but holy cow! I’m pretty sure the thing just scratches for sport! And it is the sides of mine that are getting banged up. I assume from brushing it with my clothes (nothing sharp) when walking past in the garage. Would ceramic coat help this?
PPF would, ceramic maybe very little. It's more about stuff not sticking to it as easy. I'd either PPF it out of the gate or just enjoy it and repaint someday if it bothers you... Ceramic is a good idea either way. Personally I dont think a M3 is really the type of car to spend thousands to do a full ppf. Maybe partial front. The paint is definitely not great... Wonder what these things will look like in 5-10 yrs.

PPF would, ceramic maybe very little. It's more about stuff not sticking to it as easy. I'd either PPF it out of the gate or just enjoy it and repaint someday if it bothers you... Ceramic is a good idea either way. Personally I dont think a M3 is really the type of car to spend thousands to do a full ppf. Maybe partial front. The paint is definitely not great... Wonder what these things will look like in 5-10 yrs.

Super20g. You know. They will be in rust.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=alNDUmRmb0plb3hMOHZSU0wtaHBYbUV1RWloZmx3

Big rust buckets. :/

Reactions: super20g
Nothing is better than factory paint. and a wrap is much cheaper then any real paint job

Just got the rocker panel repainted as I had a paint chip at the bottom. 900$CAD for one side. PPF is 600$CAD for both sides, so 300$ for one side. You do the math, and figure out which one you're comfortable with.

Doesn’t matter how many times you put fresh paint on it, you still cant get it protected against rocks and paint chips, wrap the front end and rocker panel with Xpel PPF and enjoy that awesome paint job.

Fred