Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone negotiated FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all know that if we bought FSD before delivery, it was $3000 extra after EAP. They said if we purchased it later, it would be $4000. Now they changed it to $5000.

Question:

Has anyone got them to upgrade for the original $4000 after they changed the price to $5000? If I could get it for the original offered price, I would get it now vs later.

Reactions: insaneoctane
I’ve heard from a few sources that if you ever got the option to purchase at 4K post delivery they will credit you the difference.

Now as far as NEGOTIATING with Tesla.. you pray they don’t raise the prices on you. :)

Reactions: gambit48
I have written confirmation from Tesla that whatever FSD upgrade price was quoted at the time you took delivery will be honored, no matter the subsequent price increase. The upgrade transaction is done at the current price and the difference is refunded within a few weeks to the card used for the FSD upgrade purchase.

• Informative
Reactions: MXWing
I have written confirmation from Tesla that whatever FSD upgrade price was quoted at the time you took delivery will be honored, no matter the subsequent price increase. The upgrade transaction is done at the current price and the difference is refunded within a few weeks to the card used for the FSD upgrade purchase.
I was quoted the $4000 “upgrade later” price when I placed my order. Does this only apply to people who received the car before the price was changed?

That doesn’t make sense to me. Should be as of when you committed your order.
I tend to agree with this. To date, Tesla has honored the price of everything at order. Although this situation is slightly different in that EAP and FSD are things you didn’t order.

I’d be willing to bet that a little conversation with management at the time of order would get them to drop it down to $4000.

I was quoted the $4000 “upgrade later” price when I placed my order. Does this only apply to people who received the car before the price was changed?

This is exactly what Tesla emailed me:

“Tesla will honor the price of $4000.00 for any car purchased prior to 6/25/2018. The discount will be done with a purchase of $5000.00. Order operations will process a refund of $1000.00 after the purchase is made.”
I guess the only question now is the definition of “purchased.” Exactly what milestone in the process of ordering, signing mvpa, funding, and taking delivery constitutes purchasing, in this context?

• Informative
Reactions: Runt8