TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has anyone negotiated FSD?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by xpitxbullx, Aug 11, 2018.

1. xpitxbullx

xpitxbullx Member

We all know that if we bought FSD before delivery, it was $3000 extra after EAP. They said if we purchased it later, it would be $4000. Now they changed it to $5000.

Question:

Has anyone got them to upgrade for the original $4000 after they changed the price to $5000? If I could get it for the original offered price, I would get it now vs later.

• Like x 1
  2. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

I'm curious too. 10% of me is considering it....

3. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

4. xpitxbullx

xpitxbullx Member

5. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

I’ve heard from a few sources that if you ever got the option to purchase at 4K post delivery they will credit you the difference.

Now as far as NEGOTIATING with Tesla.. you pray they don’t raise the prices on you. :)

• Like x 1
  6. xpitxbullx

xpitxbullx Member

As in, pay the $5000 and they’ll give me back $1000?

7. rdlink

rdlink Member

Wait. You haven't ordered the car yet?

8. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Yes - if you had the option at 4K before.

• Like x 2
  9. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I have written confirmation from Tesla that whatever FSD upgrade price was quoted at the time you took delivery will be honored, no matter the subsequent price increase. The upgrade transaction is done at the current price and the difference is refunded within a few weeks to the card used for the FSD upgrade purchase.

• Informative x 1
  10. xpitxbullx

xpitxbullx Member

I’ve had the car for over 2 months already

11. rdlink

rdlink Member

Okay. I was confused. Your original statement led me to believe that you hadn't ordered the car yet. You were apparently talking about ordering FSD.

12. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

This is good to know. You guys saved me $1,000 (actually $2K if I get FSD in both of my vehicles.)

13. xpitxbullx

xpitxbullx Member

Tesla just replied that they are trying to update their online system so the original offer of $4000 will show up for the people who were offered it.

They said to give it a couple of weeks and hopefully the price change will appear on your Tesla account.

• Informative x 2
  14. miltymoots

miltymoots Member

I’m going to hold out for a “summer sale” type thing for FSD, because you know they are going to want you to have it... plus in the future they should hopefully be a bit less desperate for cash so might be kind to us :) :) hahahaha

• Funny x 3
  15. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

I was quoted the $4000 “upgrade later” price when I placed my order. Does this only apply to people who received the car before the price was changed?

16. xpitxbullx

xpitxbullx Member

Yes

17. PeterK

PeterK Model X & 3 Owner

That doesn’t make sense to me. Should be as of when you committed your order.

• Like x 1
  18. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

I tend to agree with this. To date, Tesla has honored the price of everything at order. Although this situation is slightly different in that EAP and FSD are things you didn’t order.

I’d be willing to bet that a little conversation with management at the time of order would get them to drop it down to $4000.

19. xpitxbullx

xpitxbullx Member

That’s what I meant but I see how my answer was not saying the same thing. Thank you for the correction. :)

20. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

This is exactly what Tesla emailed me:

“Tesla will honor the price of $4000.00 for any car purchased prior to 6/25/2018. The discount will be done with a purchase of $5000.00. Order operations will process a refund of $1000.00 after the purchase is made.”
    I guess the only question now is the definition of “purchased.” Exactly what milestone in the process of ordering, signing mvpa, funding, and taking delivery constitutes purchasing, in this context?

• Informative x 1