Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone negotiated FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is exactly what Tesla emailed me:

“Tesla will honor the price of $4000.00 for any car purchased prior to 6/25/2018. The discount will be done with a purchase of $5000.00. Order operations will process a refund of $1000.00 after the purchase is made.”
I guess the only question now is the definition of “purchased.” Exactly what milestone in the process of ordering, signing mvpa, funding, and taking delivery constitutes purchasing, in this context?

If it's consistent with the say, permanent internet upgrade, then it should just be the date you put down your deposit, no? That's when I locked in my options and was told $4000 after delivery for FSD. Otherwise, that's going to piss off a lot of people who thought that was the price after.

Reactions: PeterK
Here is what they emailed me yesterday:

Thank you for contacting Tesla regarding the Full Self-Driving upgrade.

Tesla is honoring the previous $4000 price for existing owners, and we are working on updating the affected Tesla accounts to reflect that pricing. We've run into a few challenges with the coding for that since our system has historically been dependent on current pricing, but we're hoping to have this work done within the next couple of weeks. I'd recommend keeping an eye on the pricing in your account, and once you see the $4000 pricing you can go ahead and make the purchase.