Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone noticed a huge drop off in service re Melbourne SC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A66F5C81-10DC-48DF-B06E-6AADCF1CAE15.jpeg
756EA9C8-3FE6-4006-87FB-43FBA75D888F.jpeg
5896957F-5712-478D-B869-89B2E5BE90C1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: LDCRS
Grace was fantastic as was Luke. Letting them go is idiotic and has left a bad taste.
Because top companies nurture good people.
Grace could talk you through to the tiniest detail of a problem. She left BMW as the apprentice of the year and she strove to be of help, Luke likewise.
I understand Tesla's mission but
"Cars built for humans by humans who care for the future of humanity."
has a better ring to it than,
"Cars built for robots by robots who care for the future of humanity (oh, and by the way need to cut back our human staff).

Grace must have just left, I agree that it's a big loss, she was great. My car is there now with a probable battery pack problem. Tesla did promptly send a tow truck to NE Vic to pick it up, but, like you, I'm expecting an ICE for a week or so. I think that they are working hard to reduce inventory stock so there are fewer EV loaners

From what I can tell there has been a push worldwide to reduce stocks of inventory cars, most likely in a lead up to a Model S and X refresh rumoured for September but also in response to the cash crunch. I think many of these inventory cars were used as service loaners which explains why they are less available. #FirstWorldProblems

• Informative
Reactions: doctorwho
Charged at Rich SC Sat AM and looked around for likely spots for calls of nature when the lounge is shut. The best spot for men is the Pivot bushes west along Newton St. There is also behind the 1500kVA pad mount sub station fed at 11kV so dont splash inside. You might be able to use the pub (Prince Alfred) when it is open. Otherwise desperate times demands desperate solutions. I come here mostly out of hours & bring my own hot drink. Not happy we dont have 24/7 use of this lounge. When MooneePonds SC opens there are toilets available. Ill find out if they will be 24/7

Charged at Rich SC Sat AM and looked around for likely spots for calls of nature when the lounge is shut. The best spot for men is the Pivot bushes west along Newton St. There is also behind the 1500kVA pad mount sub station fed at 11kV so dont splash inside. You might be able to use the pub (Prince Alfred) when it is open. Otherwise desperate times demands desperate solutions. I come here mostly out of hours & bring my own hot drink. Not happy we dont have 24/7 use of this lounge. When MooneePonds SC opens there are toilets available. Ill find out if they will be 24/7
I often use the BP across the road when visiting church street, unfortunately without my tesla. Not sure what there hours are.

@Davide agreed.....Luke --> gone, Stephanie --> gone, Grace --> gone...what the? Any many more....with the exception of Grace (who left as I believe someone else was willing to pay her for the lion's effort she was putting in, elsewhere)....Luke/Stephanie turned got let go for the most ridiculous reason, management need their heads checked.

When I bought the S, and also the X for my wife, I felt like the buzz, service quality etc. etc. was like being in at Bentley....you don't want to know how I feel about it now.

It's a real shame that would be fixed by:
  1. Getting in more Tesla loan cars for cars under warranty needing to be fixed
  2. Tesla treating staff better
  3. A few employees added at front and in the service centre
  4. Getting a bloody better phone system (it's an embarrassment that has been present since day 1)

Reactions: Icey
@Davide agreed.....Luke --> gone, Stephanie --> gone, Grace --> gone...what the? Any many more....with the exception of Grace (who left as I believe someone else was willing to pay her for the lion's effort she was putting in, elsewhere)....Luke/Stephanie turned got let go for the most ridiculous reason, management need their heads checked.

When I bought the S, and also the X for my wife, I felt like the buzz, service quality etc. etc. was like being in at Bentley....you don't want to know how I feel about it now.

It's a real shame that would be fixed by:
  1. Getting in more Tesla loan cars for cars under warranty needing to be fixed
  2. Tesla treating staff better
  3. A few employees added at front and in the service centre
  4. Getting a bloody better phone system (it's an embarrassment that has been present since day 1)

While Tesla is selling cars like hot cakes right now I’m afraid that for a number of people it may be their first and last Tesla if that sort of service ends up being what they experience. While us Tesla fanboys will willingly accept that as “growing pains” the average consumer out there won’t and will never buy a Tesla again and will tell all their friends about their experiences as well to put them off too.

Sadly Elon and Co just don’t seem to be making it a priority despite saying otherwise. The service situation across the globe seems to be the No1 big issue everyone is talking about...yet instead of doubling down on it he’s tweeting about stupids things like adding buttons to the navigation to take you to “random fun places”.....seriously???

I know that for some things it takes money to hire new employees to increase service....but there is probably a lot of other things they can improve smartly without huge cost...And the fact that they have let go some of what appears to be exceptional technicians shows how short sighted current management is....these are employs with tonnes of experience who will now be replaced with people that need to be trained...which not only costs more money but also gives a very poor experience to customers.

Surely there was little or no cost to allow the service lounge to remain available while charging outside business hours.
The initial ideals behind our purchase was the joining a community that enjoyed the support of the Tesla brand. Sadly these ideals are diluting as time goes by.
As above the availability of new entrants into the electric car market may influence our purchase when the time comes to replace our MX.

An explanation would be appropriate. After purchasing 2 maxed Teslas having another on order, purchasing 3 Powerwalls with another 2 on order and and putting up with teething issues my concern is that admin is looking at the bottom line and not looking at the community that the early adopters like myself and many others on this forum wanted to support.
Being invited to stay and make yourself comfortable in Teslas home, in Richmond, meeting people enthusiastic about creating sustainable solutions and watching the kids play was an important part of creating that community.
People that made you feel welcome, who were excellent at listening and finding solutions is a big part of holding that community together.
Letting go of those amazing contact people and keeping the remaining staff hidden and stressed is not and definitely not helping me to inspire others to be involved in this company.
Those people are not to be taken for granted they are hard to come by and their emotional work is intense.
If Tesla has a good reason to do what they are doing then communication would be a respectful first step to solution.

"When I bought the S, and also the X for my wife, I felt like the buzz, service quality etc. etc. was like being in at Bentley....you don't want to know how I feel about it now."
I have just bought a 2001 Bentley for use in poor weather fun trips etc. It is a much better car to drive than my Tesla powered by a 6.75 litre turbo charged RR V8. Rides well and has a pleasant V8 gurgle. Passengers says the rear is more pleasant than that of the Tesla. Of course there will be a fuel bill