Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone painted black lip/side skirts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning,

Wondering if anyone has painted their stock black front lip and side skirts to match the color of the car like the new Model S? Picture attached if confused....

thanks

Attachments

• model s.jpg
    model s.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 508
A lot of owners have done it. Takes some prep work by the paint shop if you want a smooth look as the plastic is textured.

I have a set of refresh rocker panels (side skirts) waiting to go the paint to get color matched. The refresh ones are smooth and ready for primer and paint.

A lot of owners have done it. Takes some prep work by the paint shop if you want a smooth look as the plastic is textured.

I have a set of refresh rocker panels (side skirts) waiting to go the paint to get color matched. The refresh ones are smooth and ready for primer and paint.

Did you get them directly from the service center? How hard or easy is it to remove old side skirt and install new ones?

In addition to the side skirts, there are black plastic pieces on the rear bumper. Seems like quite a bit of hassle to remove the rear bumper to paint those.

Did you get them directly from the service center? How hard or easy is it to remove old side skirt and install new ones?

In addition to the side skirts, there are black plastic pieces on the rear bumper. Seems like quite a bit of hassle to remove the rear bumper to paint those.

The rocker panels I got from the service center. It's an unrestricted part so you shouldn't have any issues ordering it. Pretty easy to remove. There are a couple of youtube videos showing how to do it.

I've looked into the removal of the front and rear. It is definitely much more labor intensive. Best left to body shop or one that has experience working on Teslas.