Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone posted updated 1/4 mile times since 5% update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
43E6BF34-0EAD-43A7-B9D0-427A6395AB7D.jpeg
Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, WI opened yesterday, and I headed out today, despite the cold temps and wind.

Conditions: ~36 degrees and a steady 15 mph headwind, gusting to about 20.

My car's software was just updated, but I never got the chance to run it before the update. Also, I'm still on my winter tires - Michelin Pilot Alpins in the OEM 235/35/20 size.

Made 10 passes in less than an hour :)

SOC for my first run was 92%.
SOC for my last run was 79%

First thing I'll comment on is that this car would be the ideal bracket racer - SO consistent and easy.

Second thing is that nobody beat me to the timing lights.

I ran next to a wide variety of cars, including multiple Dodge SRTs (no Hellcats - there was one running, but we just were never lined up together), a tuned Pontiac G8 that sounded AWESOME, a BMW 335xi, an E60 M5 AND an F10 M5 and an LS-something last-gen Camaro that turned out to be all bark and not much bite..

I had multiple thumbs-up from spectators and other drivers after many of my runs - I don't think anybody expected to see 11s out of this car, but that's what it ran, every pass.

Results:
None of the Dodges were close.

The G8 sounded typically "Murrican V-8 bombastic" and was clearly tuned and running drag radials. All for nought - drubbed him by about 1 second both times. Driver was cool though - after the first run we ended up lined up next to each other in the staging lanes and he rolled his window down and said "That was awesome! I had no idea the Model 3 was so fast! Have you done anything to it" When I replied that it was dead stock and on winter tires, he said - "Wow I might have to go get one of those!" :D

The E60 M5s burnouts and runs sounded absolutely epic - the V10 doing its patented wailing thing all the while. Regardless, with RWD and a 6-speed manual, he never stood a chance. (don't get me wrong - he still ran 12.5xxx, which is fantastic for that car, but he was never close to me)

The F10 M5 driver actually called me out, driving over to where I was parked between runs and shouting out his window: - "Let's go, Tesla! - I'm running about what you've been running, too - should be close!" In typical drag-racing fashion, the run proved that drivers are (mostly) liars. He ran a quicker ET than me, but he left a bit late, meaning I beat him by a bit over a tenth even though he was going 10 mph faster through the lights. Oddly, he didn't call me out again after that... ;)

So then - the $64,000 question - Wottdidsherun?!?!

Best was 11.756 @ 113.02 - not the 11.5 or 11.6 I was hoping for, but considering the conditions, not bad at all.
60 ft time on that run was 1.763, with the 1/8th mile at 7.449 @ 93.08 mph.
enhance

Looking at the timeslips that have been posted at Dragtimes.com, Fast Tesla Model-3s 1/4 Mile 0-60 Drag Racing - DragTimes.com

...my 60' is easily the quickest of those, and I ran quicker than 1.8 60 foot on 8 of the 10 runs, so the power seems to be there. Take away the headwind and I think it might run a high 11.5 to a mid 11.6, IMO.

Overall, I had a great time, and it was good to have multiple positive gestures and comments even at a classic American dragstrip.

Can't wait to get back there on a warmer day, without the headwind and on my new lighter summer wheels and OEM tires.

Great run! I’ll be surprised if you can get below a 11.499s (I think we’re software limited) but I would love for someone to show me that we’re not by posting significantly faster 1/4 mile times than your 11.756s run after mods and a tailwind on 2019.8.3
*My SOC for 28 March 2019 was slightly lower than the prior pre 5% boost update on 21 March.

View attachment 392865

Great run! I’ll be surprised if you can get below a 11.499s (I think we’re software limited) but I would love for someone to show me that we’re not by posting significantly faster 1/4 mile times than your 11.756s run after mods and a tailwind on 2019.8.3
*My SOC for 28 March 2019 was slightly lower than the prior pre 5% boost update on 21 March.
1 or 2 tenths quicker. That's about what I figured for a real 5% bump. Nice.

To hit sub 11.5s it would require some sizable weight reduction I think. Lightweight wheels for starters, ripping out the rear seats etc. Rule of thumb is about 100 pounds per tenth I think.

Reactions: Performance3D+
View attachment 392865

Do you have a white P3D ? My buddy was at the track same day telling me how a white P3D was tearing up the track at BMP

Reactions: Performance3D+
Do you have a white P3D ? My buddy was at the track same day telling me how a white P3D was tearing up the track at BMP
Yes, it’s white... and I was the only EV the three times I’ve went.
I’ve won a few races, but I’m definitely not the fastest car by a long shot.
I had my a** handed to me by that new orange Camaro by almost a full second!

Attachments

• 7E00751C-F3DA-4CA2-9050-5566DCDFA5FA.jpeg
    7E00751C-F3DA-4CA2-9050-5566DCDFA5FA.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 83
I don’t have any “before” times, but I took my P3D to Sacramento Raceway Park for the first time tonight (car was on 8.3 software).

Best 60’: 1.788
Best ET: 11.704
Best MPH: 114.39

I started the night at 89% charge and ended the night at 81% charge after 4 runs. My first 3 runs were very similar and my last run was the slowest.

It was a blast! I should have entered the bracket (except I need to figure out how to keep from redlighting since the car reacts so quickly at launch).

Attachments

• 5F031971-38B6-4310-A0E7-F0D0EA1B8941.jpeg
    5F031971-38B6-4310-A0E7-F0D0EA1B8941.jpeg
    306.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I don’t have any “before” times, but I took my P3D to Sacramento Raceway Park for the first time tonight (car was on 8.3 software).

Best 60’: 1.788
Best ET: 11.704
Best MPH: 114.39

I started the night at 89% charge and ended the night at 81% charge after 4 runs. My first 3 runs were very similar and my last run was the slowest.

It was a blast! I should have entered the bracket (except I need to figure out how to keep from redlighting since the car reacts so quickly at launch).
Are you using track mode or sport ?

I took my car to the 1/8th of the mile not 1/4th because is 2 hours from my house and the car for sure gained some power after the update.

This was my best pass before the software upgrade a month ago:

img_20190302_142126215-jpg.382339

And here are some passes today with the software upgrade 8.4:

pas 1-2.JPG

pass 3-4.JPG
pass 5.JPG

All my 60' are in the 1.7s vs 1.8s before the update and my trap speed increased about 1-1.5mph. My [email protected] should be a 11.6sec pass in the 1/4th. I hope Tesla releases another update with launch mode or something to be able to have 1.5-1.6 60's :).

Here is a video of my car versus a modded 2018 GTR and I have the videos of the other runs I just need put the videos together. Raced a crazy fast Hellcat two times then a Dodge Charger Scat pack and a Roush supercharged mustang. I am soooo in love with my model 3 :oops: best car ever.

the GTR took off before the green light

I took my car to the 1/8th of the mile not 1/4th because is 2 hours from my house and the car for sure gained some power after the update.

This was my best pass before the software upgrade a month ago:

img_20190302_142126215-jpg.382339

And here are some passes today with the software upgrade 8.4:

View attachment 393935
View attachment 393931 View attachment 393932

All my 60' are in the 1.7s vs 1.8s before the update and my trap speed increased about 1-1.5mph. My [email protected] should be a 11.6sec pass in the 1/4th. I hope Tesla releases another update with launch mode or something to be able to have 1.5-1.6 60's :).

Here is a video of my car versus a modded 2018 GTR and I have the videos of the other runs I just need put the videos together. Raced a crazy fast Hellcat two times then a Dodge Charger Scat pack and a Roush supercharged mustang. I am soooo in love with my model 3 :oops: best car ever.

the GTR took off before the green light
i am still getting 1.8's for some reason. Do you have any mods on your car or are you just way lighter than me LoL