TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Has anyone purchased a spare UMC to keep in the car?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by SuperCoug, Feb 11, 2013.

1. SuperCoug

SuperCoug Model S Res #7734

I have free 110 EV charging at my office (not very useful from a power perspective but it has a prime reserved parking space) so I assume that I'm going to quickly grow tired to unplugging my UMC in the garage every morning and will opt instead to buy an additional UMC to carry in the car. I believe I read somewhere that they were going to cost $400 which I guess is reasonable considering what you get but overkill for something dedicated to 110 volt charging. I wish they offered a less expensive lightweight 110 volt "travel charger" like the Roadster had.

Has anyone else purchased a second UMC for charging away from home? Is it indeed $400 and is it easy to order?

2. swegman

swegman Member

I seem to recall the UMC being about $560.00. Someone on this forum ordered a spare UMC.

3. dtich

dtich #P708

i ordered one weeks ago, still waiting to hear it's come in. i was quoted about $500, yes.

4. dadaleus

dadaleus 4GETOIL P85#S70,FdrX,S85D

Not exactly, but I got a wall charge station so that I could keep the UMC in my car.