TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has anyone received a 100D?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by bob_p, Feb 18, 2017.

1. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

We ordered a 100D on the first day. It's been built and should be at the local Service Center early next week.

But, we've been told there may be a delay before we can pick it up. Since we're planning to trade-in our ICE, and the trade-in quotes only last a week, we haven't even started the process for finalizing the trade-in price. So this delay could be longer than a few days.

Has anyone accepted delivery of a 100D yet?

2. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Bumping this one. Since no one has replied, it looks like no one has yet received a 100D...

Hopefully this week...

3. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

I am curious on the stated range of 330 miles.. and if it really holds good

4. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

• Love x 1
  5. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

That car is available for purchase through the website, with a VIN slightly higher than our S 100D.

Still looking for someone who actually has taken delivery of a 100D.

6. Oakman34

Oakman34 New Member

Just at the SC in Paramus saw a MS p100d in the lot in MSM. Looks great sticker on the car was 157k.

7. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

The 100D is a different configuration than the P100D.

Tesla started taking orders for the 100D a month ago - so it's possible no 100D's have been delivered yet.

8. DHG.

DHG. Member

I ordered my 90D on 12/26. It wasn't scheduled to be built until March and some how they have finished 100Ds that have only been available for less than a month?!? I am glad I upgraded to the P100D this makes me crazy but had I kept my order I'd be very disappointed. Very very very disappointed.

9. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Oh lord the inventory 100D's are here. Arggghhhh.

10. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

It doesn't appear anyone else has received a 100D yet.

Heard from our DS that even though our car should be at the Service Center on Monday or Tuesday this week, the car may not be released for delivery until sometime in March.

Has anyone else heard this from their DS?

11. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

Could be that Tesla doesn't want one out until they have depleted the 90D's currently in production. Once the 100D hits the street then the true 0-60 time will become known, and that could impact 90D orders. Just my theory.

12. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

Or that, as Jason Hughes WK057 has reported, the 100kWh battery actually has ~17% more capacity than one would expect from the math saying ~11% which is quite a difference for $3,000

13. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

Based on the range differential between the 90D and the 100D it appears it's a 14% increase versus 11%. Of course, the additional battery weight could bump that 14% to 17%.

14. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

But that has been already determined, so no reason to hold onto already built cars. They already pretty much say it with the increased EPA range.

15. Niclas

Niclas Member

Well, since the real world 0-60 of the 85/90D is 3.8s without rollout, it would not be surprising if the 100D is just as fast and the official time stated on the website would be 3.8 (however still the same ad the 90D). Tesla has the ability to play with performance numbers quite a bit.

16. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

I hope they deliver soon... I need a CPO one 4/1/2019 for $85k

• Like x 1
  17. dhcp

dhcp Member

Is that the true actual 0-60 time for an 85D? I have one and a vbox and I'm not a pro driver but I've never gotten it faster than 4.2sec.

18. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

I don't think the 100D buyer is buying primarily for 0-60 times. Those who want really fast 0-60 times are looking at the P100D. I wanted better performance than a typical hybrid, but I really don't care if my car is 5s 0-60 or 4s. The reason I got a 90D is I wanted the best range available and that would probably be the factor that drives people to buy the 100D over the 90D. A 14% increase in range for only $3000 is a bargain compared to previous battery upgrades.

• Like x 5
  19. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

There is a possibility is has something a little extra causing a slight delay. :) Perhaps a heads up display and they don't want them in the wild until March after an announcement?! *Nice to dream*

Thanks Erik

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  20. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

I like the response from @DÆrik but if I recall correctly this happened with the P100D too because there was some regulatory paperwork for the new model that hadn't been completed yet (or something of that nature).