Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this email from my DS yesterday stating there is still a hold in California. My car is currently in production:

Thank you for the email.

The forums are correct as some states (I think Texas) has already completed the homologation process, so they can deliver 100d’s. However, in CA, we are still waiting for approval.

If approval completes while your Tesla is in production, once complete, we can usually turn around a detail and get you on the schedule within 24 hours.

I will keep you posted once I have an update about the EPA, and/or once your Tesla completes production.

Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV
The lumbar problem was fixed at the Service Center - loose connector.

While there, asked them to update to the latest firmware - and they were unsuccessful after several attempts. After consulting with engineering, they ordered a replacement processor and planned a service visit for next week.

When I got home, I powered off the car and then rebooted the console and dashboard processors. Within a few minutes, my smartphone had a notification a software update was available - and then installed it on the first try. Now the car is on 17.9.3 - and I'll be cancelling the processor replacement.

The only remaining problem is with XM - I can't get the station list downloaded, forcing us to change XM stations one station at a time (PLEASE bring back the station slide in 8.1!!!). I've tried resending the activation signal, plus rebooting the onboard processors - and, as of last night, still no station list.

Hopefully that will be fixed today...

My MS 100D completed production this morning and my "MyTesla" page is reporting an estimated delivery of 3/19-3/26. I'm supposed to be picking it up at the Fremont factory, but as far as I know, the hold in CA is still in effect. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but as soon as the hold is lifted I should be able to pick up within a day methinks.

Just picked up my S100D. The first one KC had delivered they said. I let it charge almost all the way up while doing the orientation. It had like 5 or 10 minutes left. It charged to 344 miles. I don't know if it would have ticked one more mile or not. The charging had slowed to 11 amps when I unplugged it. It is blue with ultra white interior. I think it looks fantastic.

Just picked up my S100D. The first one KC had delivered they said. I let it charge almost all the way up while doing the orientation. It had like 5 or 10 minutes left. It charged to 344 miles. I don't know if it would have ticked one more mile or not. The charging had slowed to 11 amps when I unplugged it. It is blue with ultra white interior. I think it looks fantastic.
Pics!!!

You ain't kidding, man. Not to mention that we get to pay through the nose for the delight of having their logo emblazoned across the mats more conspicuously than a NASCAR driver's arse. I'll pass.

Now, we just need WeatherTech to work up some front mats for the MS, and we'll be in great shape. Those are excellent quality for far, far less money.

Hmm. My "car" friend, who owns a number of high end sport cars and has ordered from WeatherTech before, told me that WeatherTech makes the mats for Tesla. We were talking to him about ordering winter mats for our rainy season and for use when hubby comes back from hiking all dirt ladden. He said if we didn't mind not having the branding to just order from them directly or they are also sold online thru Amazon from various vendors.

Where is that date coming from? Just curious because I've seen it a couple times now.

That date is coming from emails from all of our DS's in California, for example, which matches up with multiple other states that haven't released the 100D's yet. This probably is frustrating to Tesla (but not as frustrating as it is to me to have this beautiful car just sitting ready for 20 days), because they're going to have issues like my case, where if they release 3/28 I won't be able to pick it up until after the end of the quarter, which is only going to hurt them.

Interesting results from our first road trip with our S 100D.

With our S P85, we would get around 225 miles at 90% (about 5% battery degradation). For our 175 mile trip, we would have to stop at a supercharger for 5-10 minutes to have enough charge to reach our destination with 30-40 miles of rated range left.

With our S 100D, we left the house with 309 miles (at 90%), and skipped the supercharger - and had 90 miles of range left at the destination.

With the S P85, we estimated driving at typical highway speeds would use 30% more miles than rated range.

With the S 100D, it looks like the dual motors are more efficient, and only using 25% more miles than rated range. This means that not only are we getting more than 80 miles more of rated range than our S P85, we could be getting 5% more range due to the efficiency of the dual motors - at 90%, that could be and additional 15 miles of range - putting the effective difference between our S P85 and S 100D - at 90% charge - at around 100 miles more rated range!!!

Amazing!