Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm. My "car" friend, who owns a number of high end sport cars and has ordered from WeatherTech before, told me that WeatherTech makes the mats for Tesla. We were talking to him about ordering winter mats for our rainy season and for use when hubby comes back from hiking all dirt ladden. He said if we didn't mind not having the branding to just order from them directly or they are also sold online thru Amazon from various vendors.

I sent an email to WeatherTech, and they provided me a product request link. I filled out a quick form and should hear back from them in about a week, give or take.

Reactions: SMAlset
Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 10.45.27 AM.png

Delivery made. This is actually a family members car. I'm waiting for the 3. We left the car with detailer for tint, paint protection, and chrome delete. TSportline rims coming soon.

No issues with car, save a pinpoint paint chip on rear that detailer will fix. The 17.9.3 update was already in place.

Last edited:
Just picked up my S100D. The first one KC had delivered they said. I let it charge almost all the way up while doing the orientation. It had like 5 or 10 minutes left. It charged to 344 miles.
Interesting. The Model S configuration page shows the S 100D EPA rating as 335.
We charged our X100D for the first time last night... 301miles at 100%charge!!
The X 100D configuration page shows the EPA rating at 295.

Those 100% charging numbers are impressive!

NOTE: I am not saying that the brand new 100% charged range number displayed should be identical to the EPA rating. Just commenting on the difference. If I recall correctly, when my S 85 was new it charged to almost exactly the EPA rating of 265, +/- 1. But that only lasted for a few months, then it dropped a few miles of range over the first year. Which is typical, not a surprise.

Interesting. The Model S configuration page shows the S 100D EPA rating as 335.
The X 100D configuration page shows the EPA rating at 295.

Those 100% charging numbers are impressive!

NOTE: I am not saying that the brand new 100% charged range number displayed should be identical to the EPA rating. Just commenting on the difference. If I recall correctly, when my S 85 was new it charged to almost exactly the EPA rating of 265, +/- 1. But that only lasted for a few months, then it dropped a few miles of range over the first year. Which is typical, not a surprise.

i believe it says "(EPA est.)" not "EPA range" like the other models...so just estimated numbers on the website.

So I was wondering about just that. The WeatherTech site only has mats for the Model S. Are you saying that the X mats are actually made by WeatherTech? Thus maybe why they did not offer on their website X mats.... as they are the OEM for Tesla? If you can offer any insight, please do.

Someone posted on TMC that WeatherTech gave Tesla a time-limited exclusive on the mats. Maybe the time-limit (a year? two?) expired for Model S, but for Model X Tesla is still the exclusive seller for now, given the Model X mats are quite new?

Reactions: MP3Mike
same will happen here. I am expecting the 100Ds to lost around 10 miles in the first two or three months.
Don't forget that Tesla deliberately lowered the rated range on the P100D Model S. Who know exactly why but you can speculate that it was either that they felt like the EPA ratings were a bit on the optimist side or that they wanted the car to get it's "rated range" for a much longer time period. Here is another anecdotal tidbit: my 60D now has just under 18k miles on it and it still charges up to it's rated 218 (or higher) every day.

Compared to our S P85, the rated range on our S 100D appears to be closer to typical highway speeds.

On our road trip this weekend - started at 90% (307 miles) each way - 175 each trip. On the way out, we ended up with 90 miles of range left at the destination. On the return home, we had 115 miles left. And the Trip Planner was fairly close to predicting the charge level at destination.

With our S P85, the Trip Planner was always much too optimistic - and we'd often see the battery charge prediction at destination quickly drop after leaving a supercharger, forcing us to slow down.

Could be a combination or more range with the 100D, more efficient use of the dual motors, or the battery usage calculations for the original P85's were off.

With our P85 - we had to stop 5-10 minutes each way at a supercharger, and still often ended up with only 20-30 miles of range left. With S 100D, not only don't we have to stop at the supercharger - we have around 100 miles left after driving 175 (and that's without charging to 100%).

I realize we may see some degradation - like the 5% we saw with our P85 - but even with that, the S 100D would be performing better than expected...

Compared to our S P85, the rated range on our S 100D appears to be closer to typical highway speeds.

On our road trip this weekend - started at 90% (307 miles) each way - 175 each trip. On the way out, we ended up with 90 miles of range left at the destination. On the return home, we had 115 miles left. And the Trip Planner was fairly close to predicting the charge level at destination.

With our S P85, the Trip Planner was always much too optimistic - and we'd often see the battery charge prediction at destination quickly drop after leaving a supercharger, forcing us to slow down.

Could be a combination or more range with the 100D, more efficient use of the dual motors, or the battery usage calculations for the original P85's were off.

With our P85 - we had to stop 5-10 minutes each way at a supercharger, and still often ended up with only 20-30 miles of range left. With S 100D, not only don't we have to stop at the supercharger - we have around 100 miles left after driving 175 (and that's without charging to 100%).

I realize we may see some degradation - like the 5% we saw with our P85 - but even with that, the S 100D would be performing better than expected...
I have found the trip planner to be overly pessimistic in our 60D, predicting much more battery usage from stop to stop versus the overly optimistic predictions in the various 85 RWD cars I have driven. In fact, I have driven the 110 mile one way trip from my house to my closest service center several times in my 60D and loaner 85 cars. In every instance the 60D and the 85 were within 5 miles of range at constant highway speeds (~75mph). When comparing the watts per mile the 60D seemed to average about 60 to 70 watts per mine less than the 85.

View attachment 218985

Delivery made. This is actually a family members car. I'm waiting for the 3. We left the car with detailer for tint, paint protection, and chrome delete. TSportline rims coming soon.

No issues with car, save a pinpoint paint chip on rear that detailer will fix. The 17.9.3 update was already in place.
Does your Monroney sticker give an actual EPA number for mileage?

Reactions: LargeHamCollider
Been putting off delivery of the 90D that I ordered back in December. They said I didn't have to pick it up until March 31st to get FUSC, so I didn't. Of course, that didn't keep them from calling every week since beginning of Feb to try to schedule delivery. Looks like my waiting paid off. Got a call from Tesla on Friday offering me a choice from 5 inventory 100D's in Cali if I would just let go of the 90D so they could sell it to someone else. Delivery after the 28th is the message I got!

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Been putting off delivery of the 90D that I ordered back in December. They said I didn't have to pick it up until March 31st to get FUSC, so I didn't. Of course, that didn't keep them from calling every week since beginning of Feb to try to schedule delivery. Looks like my waiting paid off. Got a call from Tesla on Friday offering me a choice from 5 inventory 100D's in Cali if I would just let go of the 90D so they could sell it to someone else. Delivery after the 28th is the message I got!

I highly doubt they'll upgrade you for free... And you'll lose FUSC.

Thanks Erik

• Helpful
Reactions: st50maint
I'm losing FUSC. But they definitely transferred my $2500 deposit over. The 90D is already gone from MyTesla page. And I already have the 100D with VIN in its place. Total due reflects $2500 already paid.

I'm losing FUSC. But they definitely transferred my $2500 deposit over. The 90D is already gone from MyTesla page. And I already have the 100D with VIN in its place. Total due reflects $2500 already paid.

Ya, moving your deposit shouldn't be a problem. But they are charging you the 3k difference in price between the 90 and 100, correct?

I'm on my way to pick up my 100D right now!

Thanks Erik

• Love
Reactions: HumanGenome