Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please get us some Supercharging data for the 100kwh battery! Max kw, maybe at what range/charge level you drop below 100kw. Congrats to the new 100 owners.
I have supercharged 2 times. The first time it started at 117kw and stayed above 100kw I believe past 200 miles. I don't remember for sure where it dropped below 100kw but I thought it was about 220 miles. The temperature was in the 40's. The second time the temp. was about 80 and I started with about 45 miles of range and it charged to begin with at 117kw and then dropped to between 80 and 90kw after about 15 min. I don't remember the mileage. I think the battery was getting hot because it would fluctuate from between 80 and 90kw up to about 220 miles and then started to taper. I was in a restaurant and was checking it periodically on my iPhone. It definitely charges way faster than my S85D did.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and David99
I have supercharged 2 times. The first time it started at 117kw and stayed above 100kw I believe past 200 miles. I don't remember for sure where it dropped below 100kw but I thought it was about 220 miles. The temperature was in the 40's. The second time the temp. was about 80 and I started with about 45 miles of range and it charged to begin with at 117kw and then dropped to between 80 and 90kw after about 15 min. I don't remember the mileage. I think the battery was getting hot because it would fluctuate from between 80 and 90kw up to about 220 miles and then started to taper. I was in a restaurant and was checking it periodically on my iPhone. It definitely charges way faster than my S85D did.

If you are really taking 100kw at 200 miles that would be very significant. My 85 seems to get to about 80 miles before I drop down below 100kw. Anyway, I hope your memory is correct and thanks for the info

When are you going to upload a new video showcasing your 100D on YouTube?

New video will be up tomorrow morning!

Wow. You are very Lucky! Lots of QA issues for some of us. Enjoy it! Can't wait to see all these mods...

I think a lot of the QA issues might have disappeared with the factory shut down. I talked to several others that took delivery, some in other states, and no one has had any issues. I guess time will tell. Yes, I have a crazy list of mods.

Thanks Erik

Our S 100D was really in excellent condition. The only minor issues was a very small misalignment by one of the wheelwells (fixed by Tesla before delivery) and a connector that didn't fully engage for the passenger lumbar support.

The misalignment was minor - and may have been with tolerance, but the service center didn't object to doing that adjustment.

And it's possible the connector was making a good enough connection to work during QA testing - and was dislodged after the car left the factory.

Compared to other cars I've purchased, Tesla's manufacturing seems to be work extremely well now.

Our S 100D was really in excellent condition. The only minor issues was a very small misalignment by one of the wheelwells (fixed by Tesla before delivery) and a connector that didn't fully engage for the passenger lumbar support.

The misalignment was minor - and may have been with tolerance, but the service center didn't object to doing that adjustment.

And it's possible the connector was making a good enough connection to work during QA testing - and was dislodged after the car left the factory.

Compared to other cars I've purchased, Tesla's manufacturing seems to be work extremely well now.
Bob, was your paint solid Black? i wanted to know the condition. Scratches are very visible on that black - if the prep was not done right. Did you have surface imperfections like a small indentation in the body on some parts [i.e. like a small crater]. You might want to check with a light.

I don't think the 100D buyer is buying primarily for 0-60 times. Those who want really fast 0-60 times are looking at the P100D. I wanted better performance than a typical hybrid, but I really don't care if my car is 5s 0-60 or 4s. The reason I got a 90D is I wanted the best range available and that would probably be the factor that drives people to buy the 100D over the 90D. A 14% increase in range for only $3000 is a bargain compared to previous battery upgrades.

Exactly the reason why we also bought the 100D... increased range. I've already had my thrill of fast launches. Don't need it in a car. o_O

IMG_0681.JPG
You
IMG_0680.JPG
It's here:

Bob, was your paint solid Black? i wanted to know the condition. Scratches are very visible on that black - if the prep was not done right. Did you have surface imperfections like a small indentation in the body on some parts [i.e. like a small crater]. You might want to check with a light.

Oh sure. Check with a light to find imperfections you didn't notice with your naked eye. There's a way to increase your happiness for sure.

Our S 100D is multi-coat red - and looked great. I did a visual inspection of the finish after they had completed detailing - and it looked fine. If there were any imperfections, they weren't visible by walking around the car.

Reactions: TE5LAZ24