Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could be new cells built at the GigaFactory.

I'm not sure how the whole EPA process works, but if it as the same battery as in the P100D I wouldn't think they need a new approval...

Thanks Erik

Performance models have different other parts that affect the EPA ratings. Since the power transfer is less it will be a slightly more efficient result. I'm not sure that they can skip the validation just because it's the same pack. I also am sure they are not 2170s.

It wasn't me. My delivery windows is still 2/22-3/1.

Even if the battery pack is the same as the P100D, the drive train is different, and will produce different range results, which EPA may need to certify before a car can be sold in the US.

Based on the range difference between the P90D and P100D, some people had projected an S 100D could have over 340 miles of EPA range - maybe the official numbers will end up being different than the 335 Tesla has estimated for an S 100D...

Reactions: DÆrik
some people had projected an S 100D could have over 340 miles of EPA range - maybe the official numbers will end up being different than the 335 Tesla has estimated for an S 100D...

Of course, we could all drive 45 mph in the desert and get 528 Miles with the new 100D!

Tesla 45 mph 110 deg 528 miles.png

Getting back to the topic for this thread.

Our DS has tentatively scheduled our delivery on Friday, assuming the hold is released by then. If not, then we reschedule and try again next week.

Anyone else?

Crazy how this beast flies! I have a 220k dollar Porsche GT3RS. Makes me sick that a Tesla 100D can take off faster than it. Hahaha. Everyone with a p100D please share your stories. I have an early release X p90D and I thought it was super fast with Ludicrous mode. I shoulda waited!!! Missed out p100D and the Autopilot 2.0

Brkaus: Did you notice the change on My Tesla - or by an e-mail?

For our car, My Tesla showed the car was in production several days before we received the e-mail. And 14 hours after we received the "in production" e-mail, we received a "built" e-mail, and it took several more days before that was shown on My Tesla.

Another day, appears the hold is still on...

here's one that I mentioned in another thread...

Model S 100D 5YJSA1E28HF186714 | Tesla
Strange. Tally up the paint, interior, upgrades etc & the price seems to be virtually the same as if you'd ordered it yourself. If it's been one of their demos, it'd likely have 2 or 300 miles on it already, as opposed to maybe 50 if it came straight to you.
It doesn't appear anyone else has received a 100D yet.

Heard from our DS that even though our car should be at the Service Center on Monday or Tuesday this week, the car may not be released for delivery until sometime in March.

Has anyone else heard this from their DS?
It might just be the negative experience with none of the safety features promised are available. Upgrade after constant upgrade inevitably sends AP2 cars into some kind of calibration / re-learning mode. This has been going on for months. So maybe Tesla figures March will finally be when the new hardware/software will be constantly working (crossing fingers).

The P100D already delivered - I couldn't help notice the humor - promise to give everyone autopilot rides. Hmmm. Should I start holding my breath?
:p

Last edited:
Delivery scheduled for 3PM tomorrow (Friday). Temporary plates are being shipped overnight via FedEx.

But the 100Ds are still under hold until Tesla has the EPA results. We'll wait as long as possible to cancel and reschedule our delivery appointment.

One complication is the trade-in value. The trade-in quotes provided by Tesla and by CarMax both have time limits. Since the delay in delivery is due to an issue between Tesla and the EPA, Tesla should honor the current trade-in quotes, and not require going through the process again in getting new quotes from Tesla and CarMax.

Wow you were right about the EPA..got a call that my delivery may be cancelled tomorrow - due to a "safety inspection" that needs to be done. They did not want to comment on the EPA being an issue...just that the safety inspection for this vehicle is "backlogged." This could be delayed more than a week or so. I am left waiting now...