Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we really know why the 100Ds are being held? Waiting for the EPA results is plausible. Though we were also told initially that we were waiting for a required software update. Others have mentioned possible safety issues. Or perhaps there is an incompatibility between the 100 battery packs and the non-performance drive trains. Or it could be something else.

If it is software related I would think that there is something new going on. Possibly heads up display? Idk, but it could be for cars built after the shut down of the line. I haven't heard anything, so maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part since my 100D should be going into production any day now.

Thanks Erik

Staff can be cut quickly but reductions of "regulations" take staff time and have to be published in the Federal Register and go through a public response period. With less staff and demoralized staff things are going to grind to a halt, including reducing regulations. The incompetence of Trump appointees and minions will impede any "progress" they are attempting to make.
LOL. The power of the two party scam. RED vs BLUE! Meanwhile we're about to hit 20T in debt and we can't cut anything because everything sacred. When in Rome.

After our delivery appointment was cancelled due to the hold yesterday, I called the Tesla NA Sales line to see if they could provide any information on why all 100Ds are being held from delivery.

After several hours, the response I got back was to talk to our DS - who hasn't been able to provide specific information on why our 100D is being held, and has no indication of how long the hold will last. While our DS has been helpful, she likely doesn't have the full story of what's going on.

Until the hold is released and Tesla has published the official EPA numbers, and unless Tesla provides an explanation of what's causing the delay in releasing the 100Ds, we're only guessing on what's happening.

What if the EPA's testing of the 100Ds produced different results than Tesla's estimates?

I did a quick review of the EPA ranges published on the EPA's website (FuelEconomy) and Tesla's order pages - and there does appear to be some inconsistencies in the numbers. For example, an S 90D gets 9% more range than an S P90D. But an X 90D only gets 2% more range than an X P90D. Does that makes sense? If the S 100D also gets 9% more range than an S P100D, that would put the EPA range at 343, not the 335 Tesla had estimated.

As an exercise, I tried to get the numbers consistent between the various configurations of the Model S & X. And to do that, some of the ranges would change - the X 90D would increase from 257 to 270, the X P90D would decrease from 253 to 248, and the estimated range of the X 100D would increase from 295 to 315 (which would cross the 300 mile barrier for the Model X), along with the 343 mile range for the S 100D.

There are other inconsistencies, but those could be explained by the discrepancy between Tesla's marketed battery capacity and the actual capacity (such as the 19% difference in range between an S 75D and a software limited S 60D, instead of the expected 25%).

Or, maybe the hold is just because it's taking longer than Tesla expected for the EPA to certify Tesla's estimates - or the hold could be due to a completely different reason.

We really don't know - and for now, we can only guess...

I often check my smartphone in the mornings to see if a new software update is waiting on our P85.

Now I'm checking the My Tesla page frequently each day to see if the PURCHASE button appears...

Can someone please tell us what's going on? Or, even better, let us spend our $$$ and pick up our 100D!

Just came back from the Service Center after inspecting our new S 100D with the "stormtrooper" interior (ultra white seats and black interior).

Other than a very small alignment adjustment for one side of the front bumper, the car looks in perfect condition - good enough to drive home, when the hold is released.

The "when" is a big unknown - it could be hours - days - weeks - months. We don't know.

Would be helpful for Tesla to provide some information to the affected owners on what's causing the hold and their projections of when it might be released. And even if they don't want to tell us what's going on, they could update our My Tesla pages with a revised projection. Our page still says delivery between 2/22-3/1 - clearly that's not going to happen!

• Informative
Reactions: Pinot.Noir
Just came back from the Service Center after inspecting our new S 100D with the "stormtrooper" interior (ultra white seats and black interior).

Other than a very small alignment adjustment for one side of the front bumper, the car looks in perfect condition - good enough to drive home, when the hold is released.

The "when" is a big unknown - it could be hours - days - weeks - months. We don't know.

Would be helpful for Tesla to provide some information to the affected owners on what's causing the hold and their projections of when it might be released. And even if they don't want to tell us what's going on, they could update our My Tesla pages with a revised projection. Our page still says delivery between 2/22-3/1 - clearly that's not going to happen!
Thanks for the update. I may go check mine out next week. Nice choice on the black with white interior. Gonna look hot. Are they going to fix the bumper alignment on your car? They should have enough time to do it now :/

Did you look at your dashboard? Anything different?

Thanks Erik

I'm from Houston too, and waiting on our MX100D. It's been showing "in production " on My a Tesla since Feb 15th, with an estimated delivery of March-Early April. I've talked to the DS several times, but all I get is vague replies, no concrete answers about why the car is in production for almost 3 weeks. No emails from Tesla since I confirmed on 2/11/17. Very frustrated with the lack of transparency.

Wow...that has to be frigging aggravating! All that way to check it out and not get to take it home? I did the same interior...ultra white seats and black otherwise....should be sweet if I ever see it!

Guess it's time to start counting how many days our 100D has been held hostage at the Service Center - 12 days...

The DS took a note of the very small alignment issue with one corner of the bumper in the passenger front wheel well. Though it is so minor, it's not a big deal if they don't adjust it. Otherwise, everything else looked perfect.

What's frustrating is that our DS has no idea of how long the hold will last - it could be released at any time - or last days - weeks - months longer.

Reactions: JHWJR
I ordered a Model X 100D the day after they were announced, I think it was Jan. 20, and MyTesla still predicts delivery in "March or early April." No notice it's "in production" or anything else. Maybe they should make it and let me test-drive it for a few months and let me buy it when they can sell it to me. I'd even start payments, conditioned on getting credit towards the sale!

Maybe the hold has to do with Tesla still dealing with the aftermath of counter gate on the P100D models? Apparently performance on the top models has not yet been restored fully (read Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits and on for more info) If they release 100D in the wild and it turns out the performance gap between the performance model is less than previously communicated, they may have to face some serious fallout.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vitold
Do we know for sure that it is an EPA issue? Tesla has sold cars before with "Est" on the web page.

Not that it means anything, but my DS told me today it was some other required approval process and not the EPA.

My opinion*** I don't think this is an EPA hold. I could be wrong. But I suspect new equipment.... I haven't seen or heard anything to back that statement up, just my opinion.

Thanks Erik