Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since no one has indicated they have accepted delivery on a 100D, and our car took a week to transport to our Service Center, it does appear there is a hold on delivering any 100Ds. And since the DS has even started the delivery process (such as a quote for our trade-in), evidently they believe the hold will take longer than a week to resolve.

I like the response from @DÆrik but if I recall correctly this happened with the P100D too because there was some regulatory paperwork for the new model that hadn't been completed yet (or something of that nature).

Between our two ideas, I would think you are right. However I am hopeful for a heads up display sooner then later and since I have a 100D going into production soon, its nice to hope. :)

Thanks Erik

Since no one has indicated they have accepted delivery on a 100D, and our car took a week to transport to our Service Center, it does appear there is a hold on delivering any 100Ds. And since the DS has even started the delivery process (such as a quote for our trade-in), evidently they believe the hold will take longer than a week to resolve.

Perhaps a hold until March 15th because that's when the current referral program ends?!? Perhaps a hold until March 1st when something new is announced?!? But most likely its some kind of approval or something.

Thanks Erik

Checked with our DS late yesterday and was told they still didn't know when the hold would be released.

A few hours later, received notification from Fed Ex of a package that was being delivered overnight this morning from Tesla, which seems likely to be paperwork required for the vehicle purchase (in Texas).

Perhaps the hold is starting to thaw...

Checked with our DS late yesterday and was told they still didn't know when the hold would be released.

A few hours later, received notification from Fed Ex of a package that was being delivered overnight this morning from Tesla, which seems likely to be paperwork required for the vehicle purchase (in Texas).

Perhaps the hold is starting to thaw...

I will be picking mine up on 3/3. Looks like I may be one of the first!

Thanks for the update! Hopefully we can see photos soon of a 100D in the wild.

Thanks Erik

FedEx apparently mis-handled whatever package was supposed to be delivered this morning by 10:30AM. The tracking indicated it was in Fort Worth, TX at 1AM this morning - and the next log shows it was back in California at 7AM - and then it was shipped to Memphis (I'm in TX!).

The size of the package is supposed to be 6x6x6. If that's true, it may be a replacement adapter for our S P85's UMC, and not related to our stalled S 100D delivery.

Still waiting...

FedEx apparently mis-handled whatever package was supposed to be delivered this morning by 10:30AM. The tracking indicated it was in Fort Worth, TX at 1AM this morning - and the next log shows it was back in California at 7AM - and then it was shipped to Memphis (I'm in TX!).

The size of the package is supposed to be 6x6x6. If that's true, it may be a replacement adapter for our S P85's UMC, and not related to our stalled S 100D delivery.

Still waiting...

FedEx's overnight shipment hub is somewhere around Memphis. All overnight packages go there first, then get resorted and put on flights to their destinations. The size does sound like some kind of part as opposed to paperwork.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
It's bad enough every morning I check my smartphone to see if there's a software update for our S P85 (where is 8.1???), now my wife is asking every morning "heard anything from Tesla about picking up the 100D - today?"

This was posted on the Colorado Springs Electric Vehicle Club's website on February 8, 2017. That is the delivery bay at the Denver Service Center. Lucky bum!
P100DL.jpg

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The FedEx package was a replacement 14-30 adapter for our S P85's UMC, from the charging adapter recall.

Latest word on the S 100D - our DS still has no indication as to when the 100Ds will be released for delivery, and was reluctant to start the trade-in valuation process, since the trade-in quote could expire before we can get the 100D.

The Service Centers may run out of parking space for the 100Ds that can't be sold & delivered, if this takes too long...

Yesterday, our DS still didn't have any estimate on when the S 100Ds will be released for sale. I was able to get the DS to give us a trade-in quote - which is good for 2 weeks or 500 miles on the trade-in, but that was done so we could get an idea of how much Tesla will be giving us for a trade-in (their price was 40% below KBB's average trade-in price for our car - so we'll be going to CarMax for another quote), not because the DS believes we'll be getting the car any time soon.

When the hold is released, wonder how quickly we can pick it up? Other than the extra stop a CarMax to get a better price on our trade-in, we're ready...