Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning to wait until 2 hours before our appointment tomorrow before cancelling it, holding out hope for a last minute reprieve - and get clearance for our delivery.

Though it does seem no one knows how much longer this is going to take...

It doesn't seem like there should be any "safety" issues. This should be the same battery pack as the P100D, and the rest of the car should be the same as a 90D - the only difference is the combination of the larger battery pack with the non-performance drive train. If there are safety concerns about the 100D, then wouldn't there also be concerns with the other Model S versions?

If there was a discrepancy in Tesla's EPA range estimate - and the actual numbers measured by the EPA - that could trigger additional to verify the numbers. Comparing the 90D to P90D to P100D, there were some projections that the 100D might have more than 335 miles of EPA rated range. Maybe we'll be surprised with longer range.

Or, this could just be the EPA moving along at a much slower than expected pace...

Yes, if the hold isn't released, it might be tempting to make the 2 hour round trip to go see the car.

Though it's frustrating enough having to wait, might be worse after we see the car just sitting there...

Yes, if the hold isn't released, it might be tempting to make the 2 hour round trip to go see the car.

Though it's frustrating enough having to wait, might be worse after we see the car just sitting there...
If you do make the trip to check it out, be sure to take some pictures and pay close attention to see if there are any other differences.

Good luck on your delivery!

No word from Tesla. Evidently the hold is still on.

Rather than fighting the traffic to get up and back from North Houston today, if we don't get a delivery scheduled for tomorrow, will likely make the trip up there to inspect the car, so that if there are any issues, they can be resolved before the delivery - and avoid any post-delivery service visits.

Might as well take advantage of having the car parked at the Service Center for days - weeks - months...

Reactions: ikjadoon
My S100D was done 2/14 and has been at the service center for over a week. I was supposed to pick up today. But got the call 2 days ago that they may have to cancel and reschedule after EPA does their rating. So now just waiting. I have a S85D so at least I have a Tesla to drive. I paid for the new car the night before they called me. If I would have know I would have waited

Delivery scheduled for 3PM tomorrow (Friday). Temporary plates are being shipped overnight via FedEx.

But the 100Ds are still under hold until Tesla has the EPA results. We'll wait as long as possible to cancel and reschedule our delivery appointment .....snip.......[/QUOTE
hopefully EPA comes back a 340+ mile range report. :)
My meaningless guess is a range of 325 Hwy/City combined.

My math might be rusty, but using the 2016 EPA results for the 90D/P90D and seeing what the P100D is. I am getting an 8.16% loss in range for the P90D Vs. the 90D.

If you carried over the same loss and compared the P100D/100D you would end up with the 100D getting ~340.65 mile range.... Whether that holds true or not is another story. I have no idea and I know that comparing the 90D/P90D to the 100D/P100D isn't accurate, but that's my guess.

So my guess is 340.65, lets round down to an even 340!

Thanks Erik

At least some of you guys with a 100D have the end in sight. I ordered back in mid December, changed my order from the 90D to the 100D in mid January, and My Tesla STILL doesn't show an anticipated date of delivery. Just had the electrician install the NEMA 14-50 outlet today, so I'm ready to go.

Although I will admit having your car done and sitting would drive me nutso!

Our 100D was finished on 2/7. We're in Texas, so the car spent a week getting here. That means there are likely some California customers who've been waiting around a month to pick up their 100Ds.

Our delivery appointment was cancelled for today - and we haven't been rescheduled. We really have no idea how much longer this is going to take. We might be able to get the car tomorrow - or it could be days - weeks - months...

Do we really know why the 100Ds are being held? Waiting for the EPA results is plausible. Though we were also told initially that we were waiting for a required software update. Others have mentioned possible safety issues. Or perhaps there is an incompatibility between the 100 battery packs and the non-performance drive trains. Or it could be something else.

Has this been going on long enough for Tesla to provide a more official explanation, at least to those customers waiting to accept delivery of their 100Ds?

Perhaps Tesla should include FUSC to compensate for the delays in delivering (hey, it's worth a try!)...

If Trump guts the EPA as planned it's going to take WAY longer for the Model 3. Additional cuts and hiring freeze will also delay any other Federal certification/validation required of a new vehicle.
But the paperwork shouldn't take longer; there should just be less of it. Why does it require an EPA estimate? For the tax credit? And if so, can't that be done later? Just find a way to skip the EPA estimate on an electric-only car, is my thought.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
Staff can be cut quickly but reductions of "regulations" take staff time and have to be published in the Federal Register and go through a public response period. With less staff and demoralized staff things are going to grind to a halt, including reducing regulations. The incompetence of Trump appointees and minions will impede any "progress" they are attempting to make.

• Funny
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
This does not look good...I got a response that mine will be ready on Monday. I doubt it gets resolved. Still a safety inspection issue. Who really knows? Maybe something positive comes out of it. Better range, maybe better performance - (slightly) lol who knows ...maybe more Tesla stuff.

If it were a safety / hardware issue they probably wouldn't of had more 100D's going in to production the past few days. The EPA issue seems plausible since the order page still says (EST) next to the 100D and not next to all other battery sizes.